Who Are You?

Old 06-09-2008, 10:01 AM

A Bull Taco- like the Bultaco hubby rides? OK, now I will have to worry. Luckily he doesn't race, it's for off road biking around here. I gave up riding too- it was just dirt bikes- Yamaha 125, but I thought of how difficult it is to recover from injuries the older you get. So I have a quad (ATV) now- Lakota 200. It's fun, but I like it best when I have my lawn cart attached and I can haul rocks.
Old 06-09-2008, 10:18 AM

Years ago when my brother was racing at this track in Portland called the "Sidewinders" the whole family would go to watch my brother race and as soon as the race started my mom was RUNNING to the restrooms to throw up she was so scared he'd get killed. They did see one fatal accident at the track and LOTS of near fatals. We were glad when my brother quit racing there.
Old 06-10-2008, 05:08 AM

Okay-Here is a face to go with my name and here is a link to a picture of my family at my daughter's wedding May 17th (you may have already seen this post)

http://www.quiltingboard.com/posts/list/7910.page
Attached Thumbnails attachment-45662.jpe  
Old 06-10-2008, 05:17 AM

Here are pics of my granddaughters-the greatest joy in my life :D

edit--photos removed
Old 06-10-2008, 05:25 AM

Aw How sweet! How old is Katelyn? I just taught my granddaugher who is 6. It is so much fun to watch their concentration! My grandkids are 500 miles away hope yours are closer they are adorable!
Old 06-10-2008, 05:31 AM

Marcia: Your granddaughters are adorable. Isn't it fun to teach them to sew, bake cookies, dust the furniture, just doing everything together. I sure loved it when my granddaughters were little...alas, they are all in college or just graduated college (5 of them last week end) but I remember how much I enjoyed the time with them doing crafts together. Enjoy them as I know you are. Thanks for sharing.

By the by...welcome! I don't think I did welcome you to the board. It's a great place to visit and to learn.
Old 06-10-2008, 05:33 AM

AAww such a pretty Grandma and beautiful Granddaughters!!!So does Katelyn need fabric for her stash?
Old 06-10-2008, 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by Up North
Aw How sweet! How old is Katelyn? I just taught my granddaugher who is 6. It is so much fun to watch their concentration! My grandkids are 500 miles away hope yours are closer they are adorable!
Katelyn had just turned 4 in that picture. She has a short attention span (about 10-15 minutes and she is ready to move to another activity), but she loves it and always comes back to sew again later. My granddaughters live 20 miles from me and I get to see them 4-5 times a week!!! I LOVE IT!!
Old 06-10-2008, 05:34 AM

Originally Posted by mgshaw
AAww such a pretty Grandma and beautiful Granddaughters!!!So does Katelyn need fabric for her stash?
Katelyn's stash is my stash-she needs NO fabric!! Thanks for asking!
Old 06-10-2008, 05:36 AM

Originally Posted by Feathers
Marcia: Your granddaughters are adorable. Isn't it fun to teach them to sew, bake cookies, dust the furniture, just doing everything together. I sure loved it when my granddaughters were little...alas, they are all in college or just graduated college (5 of them last week end) but I remember how much I enjoyed the time with them doing crafts together. Enjoy them as I know you are. Thanks for sharing.

By the by...welcome! I don't think I did welcome you to the board. It's a great place to visit and to learn.
They are wonderful fun-no matter what we are doing. Thanks for the welcome :-)