Who Are You?

Old 06-06-2009, 07:09 PM
Banned

my avatar is me and i'm on the boat on the Hudson River in NY
Old 06-07-2009, 11:03 AM

Location: Originally from NY, now retired in Argentina. Miss the USA!!! :-(

Originally Posted by CajunQuilter2
Just came across this thread. Loved looking at all the pictures. Here are a few from me.
Myrna:
Loved the picture of your and you and your DH on the red sofa. Didn't you just love the Dolphin sanctuary? I went there with my DH, it was a dream of mine to swim with the dolphins. I loved your rose bush I have a white one just like that it flowers from the spring until almost winter. It has the purest white roses that they almost look fake. Just like your's. I try and buy one rose bush a year I just love them.
Thanks for posting your pics. It was great to see you.
Old 06-07-2009, 11:05 AM

Location: Originally from NY, now retired in Argentina. Miss the USA!!! :-(

Originally Posted by kluedesigns
my avatar is me and i'm on the boat on the Hudson River in NY
Klue:
Is that the dinner cruise on the Hudson? My son and DDIL went on that for their 8th anniversary. They just loved it.
Old 06-07-2009, 12:14 PM
Banned

it was a boat we rented to have our 10 year wedding anniversary party on.

it was dinner and dancing for 4 hours and we 250 people.
Old 06-07-2009, 12:49 PM

Location: Back home in Louisiana for now....where next?? who knows....

Originally Posted by pennyswings
Originally Posted by CajunQuilter2
Just came across this thread. Loved looking at all the pictures. Here are a few from me.
Myrna:
Loved the picture of your and you and your DH on the red sofa. Didn't you just love the Dolphin sanctuary? I went there with my DH, it was a dream of mine to swim with the dolphins. I loved your rose bush I have a white one just like that it flowers from the spring until almost winter. It has the purest white roses that they almost look fake. Just like your's. I try and buy one rose bush a year I just love them.
Thanks for posting your pics. It was great to see you.
Penny, it had also been a dream of mine to swim with the dolphins. It was wonderful. My guest room is my dolphin room. I collect them as we travel. I hope to one day go back to the keys to swim again. They just mesmorize me for some reason.
I love my rose bush as well, it is New Dawn. I ordered it about 6 years ago and came in as a twig, now when it makes the first blooms the ground is a pink mass. I have a few other rose bushes but none that have done as well as this one.
Old 06-07-2009, 02:28 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by pennyswings
Originally Posted by quiltncrazy
This is me, quiltncrazy, or "big ears", as K3N nicknamed me. This little cutie is my 3rd granddaughter, Mary. Just look at those eyelashes. Ain't she a doll? mmmm! :D
Quiltncrazy:
It is so great to see you again. Awwhh your two granddaughters are adorable!! What big ears???
LOL...in my avatar! actually, Penny, it started as something she (k3n), put as a closing to a message, and I wrote back, "Big ears??? Big Ears??? ok, then, miss Francey Pants...
we got such a laugh out of that, and they both stuck.
Thank you for saying my grbabies are pretty. I think so. :D
Old 06-07-2009, 02:31 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Boston1954
This is our wedding day. May 6, 1995. I am in the middle. Jim and I dressed up 1776 to get married. My sis and her daughter were bridesmaids. I do not have too many pictures of me. I am usually the one behind the camera.
I love your dress, and your sisters, and daughters. Wow, it never crossed my mind to do something like that. That must have been so much fun! Did you make your dress yourself. It's gorgeous. Where's the lucky groom? you should get in on more pictures, you look really nice.
Old 06-07-2009, 02:38 PM
Power Poster

[quote=Ducky]QC, what great pictures of you and your beautiful granddaughters! I had wondered who was behind all the funny messages. :lol: I'm hoping to be able to teach my granddaughter sewing and quilting, too.....she's only 10 months old, is that too young?? :wink:

I don't think 10 months is too young to let her hear the hum of the machine for a few minutes...and do so, every so often. I do teach mine, that no one goes in nana's sewing room without her. I am afraid of the settings on my serger, more than anything else, but Crystal is the only one I wouldn't be afraid would break something. The other kids are a lot rougher. They'd probably help themselves to the fabric and the scissors!!! :shock::roll::cry: :lol:
thank you, Ducky! I'm glad I managed to take a half way decent pic to put on here. That was Dec. 08. It's funny, but I have felt at home here for a long time, but finally getting to post some pictures, kind of cements it. Face it, your stuck with me :wink:

Old 06-07-2009, 02:58 PM

Hey hey hey! its me Lisa.

Lisa in Massachusettes.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]36264[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-36264.jpe  
Old 06-07-2009, 04:44 PM

Well, this isn't a recent picture of me, about 4 years old. My hair isn't this short any more, but definitely all silver now. I actually wear glasses, but don't, when I'm having my picture taken.

My daughter with her Dad-she was a Daddy's girl, can you tell?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]36281[/ATTACH]

Me in 2005 - just add more silver, more hair and glasses!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]36282[/ATTACH]

This is a picture of my husband and second oldest grand daughter. He was the love of my life and left this world last November. I miss him so much!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]36283[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-36281.jpe   attachment-36282.jpe   attachment-36283.jpe