Who's your quilting buddy?

Old 07-20-2010, 04:48 AM

I'm new to this board, so I don't know if this has already come up or not.
Our 2 year old German Shephard, Gunny, is my quilting buddy. He'll lay down beside me while I'm sewing, and every once in a while, will nudge me saying "Hey, remember me? I'm still here." We adopted him from our area German Shephard Rescue Group. They believe he was abused by a male. He's very skiddish with all males, even my husband who loves dogs. But he does love my grandkids, and wants to be friends with all other dogs. So, who's your quilting buddy?
Old 07-20-2010, 04:59 AM
Power Poster

I guess mine would have to be my 3 dogs, Misty, noel and Charlie, too. And people here on the board! I dont have ANYONE close by that I know, quilts! I tried getting my Grandma to, but she had a hard time with it, so she doesnt want to do it any more! I thought about joining some group, but as I work in the resturaunt business, you really never know WHAT hours you will have.....so I have the pets. My BF is my vintage sewing machine buddy though, does that count, lol???
Old 07-20-2010, 05:00 AM

It's ChiChi, my shis tzu. She lays on my foot and licks me everyonce in a while to say the same...."hey, I'm still here!" It's a comfort. nice of you to mention it.

Blessings,
Ruth
Old 07-20-2010, 05:19 AM

My quilting buddy is my children. they all seem to want to help... one takes the pins out as I sew, the other gets the string for me,, and the youngest holds the quilt as I am sewing,,, not always the easiest,, but I love having them near me,,, I do not have any pets, so no furry friends,, just my little babies,,lol
Old 07-20-2010, 05:22 AM

My Great Nieces who is Twin girls and i always have to stop on quilting well take a break and make them something this time were Skirts and Grandson is my Quilting Buddy they ask me Why you sew so much you need to take a break and they always ask me what you making NOW!!! my Grandson who is 4 ask me what you doing G-mama?
Old 07-20-2010, 05:46 AM

The quilters here on the Quilting Board!
Old 07-20-2010, 05:49 AM

The instant my 3 dogs hear the sound of a sewing machine power up they come running and assume their "quilting " positions. One sits in the bay window on a special bed I sewed for him. The other two lie on the pillows on the bed (my sewing room is my bedroom) They will stay in their spots until I am finished. Gizmo , my hairless crested, steals my thread when I'm not looking and take it spool and all and hide it under his window bed.
Old 07-20-2010, 05:57 AM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Mine is my 3 yr old son. Last night when I was trying to finish a quilt top he stood next to me saying Mommy you are almost there. When I had 3 inches to go, he said was look Mommy it's almost done and when I finished it he jumped up and down and gave me a high 5. Now that is a quilting buddy.
Old 07-20-2010, 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by cjomomma
Mine is my 3 yr old son. Last night when I was trying to finish a quilt top he stood next to me saying Mommy you are almost there. When I had 3 inches to go, he said was look Mommy it's almost done and when I finished it he jumped up and down and gave me a high 5. Now that is a quilting buddy.
LOLOL How cute he sounds like my Izzy. She is always giving high fives for jobs well done :-)
My quilting buddy would have to be my mom once a week we sew together and when I sew at home it is my daughter Izzy (who is 4) and my boston Tigger who is faithfully devoted to me and everywhere I go :-)
Hugs
April
Old 07-20-2010, 06:26 AM
Power Poster

My DGD is one. She loves to sew right along side me. I always have at least one cat close by and the new little puppy sleeps on my feet.