Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Why would anyone do this to their feet?? >

Why would anyone do this to their feet??

Why would anyone do this to their feet??

Old 01-10-2013, 07:13 PM

I haven't worn heels in years, and wouldn't dream of wearing those 5-inch spikes today! My shoes for work (I'm an LPN) are usually wide-width Skechers, and I do have a pair of L.L.Bean slip-ons that are quite comfortable. I don't even think my daughters wear the killer spikes...I hope they don't! And believe it or not, my youngest daughter wore blue flipflops for her 'something blue' when she got married!
Old 01-10-2013, 09:40 PM
Power Poster

As soon as I had my first foot pain I went to a podiatrist. I haven't had any foot problems that the Dr. can't fix so far. My favorite shoes to wear are Naturalizer brand. Crocs are great and they are stylish. Look here: http://www.crocs.com/crocs-womens-be...de_flat_121106

Crocs have lots of different styles but most are not in the stores.

I never liked the way high heels felt on my feet. When I was younger and wore them to formal things, I kept a pair of Danskin black slippers in my purse.

Last edited by BellaBoo; 01-10-2013 at 09:48 PM.
Old 01-10-2013, 09:58 PM

I think it's highly unethical for any doctor to remove body parts purely for vanity sake.
Old 01-10-2013, 11:08 PM

Seriously? Removing digits holy moly not for me. I'm flip flops in the summer and ugg boots in the winter. I wear flats to work and they are off the moment I step inside. To decorate my feet I have my nails painted and pedicures my favourite treat.
Old 01-11-2013, 06:43 AM
Power Poster

I think anyone should have cosmetic surgery to correct the obvious like a hook nose or bad teeth or get rid of pain. I don't understand having surgery just to wear ugly shoes all day. LOL.
Old 01-11-2013, 07:59 AM

Im 73 years old and have never worn uncomfortable shoes. High heels no way. My feet are in excellent condition.
It is not worth it ladies, and by my age you see how silly young people are about the current fashions. I remember when I wore pin curls under a scarf that was pinned a certain way to go out in public. Pegger pants etc. May Jane shoes and bunnie ear shoes. Glad I dont have pictures.
Old 01-11-2013, 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by Rose Marie View Post
Im 73 years old and have never worn uncomfortable shoes. High heels no way. My feet are in excellent condition.
It is not worth it ladies, and by my age you see how silly young people are about the current fashions. I remember when I wore pin curls under a scarf that was pinned a certain way to go out in public. Pegger pants etc. May Jane shoes and bunnie ear shoes. Glad I dont have pictures.
Rose Marie, You're lucky you don't have pictures. lol Unfortunately, I do and they're really an embarrassment!
Old 01-11-2013, 10:27 AM

Maybe shoe manufacturers should get the hint and make the shoes wider than what they are now. I have rarely seen someone's foot be a narrow as the shoes are made. I used to dress for fashion but I am older and wiser and I go for style AND comfort. I have only one pair of feet and I have a lot of places I want them to takle me before I'm done with them.
Old 01-11-2013, 05:24 PM

I had surgery on my left foot for hammertoe. I was in such pain that the surgery was necessary. Can't imagine having such painful surgery for cosmetic reasons.
Old 01-12-2013, 10:20 AM

I alternate between those thick soled walking/exercise shoes and what my kids call skateboard shoes.
I have arthritis in my left foot and a bone-spur, so any type of heel hurts my feet.