Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Wide load sign

Thanks for the laugh. I needed it!

Blog Entries
    ha,ha,ha, I'm sitting here at 11:30 P.M. This is so funny. You made my day too.

Your story cracked me up! If it makes you feel any better, I walked across a major bridge at rush hour with the back of my skirt tucked up into my waistband. I thought all the honking was because I was hot.
    A fabric stash is always missing that one fabric needed to finish the quilt on which you're working.

Quote Originally Posted by ArtsyOne View Post
    Your story cracked me up! If it makes you feel any better, I walked across a major bridge at rush hour with the back of my skirt tucked up into my waistband. I thought all the honking was because I was hot.
    OMG! I once came out of the ladies' room at a large wedding reception with my dress tucked into my pantyhose in the back! (Remember pantyhose?) I was so embarassed! I walked halfway through the room before I felt something wrong, looked back and pulled it out. My behind was all out there!
    I love the wide load story! That is hilarious! Ijust wonder what the people who saw it thought it was...

Blog Entries
    Thanks for sharing that. Sorry but I laughed.

F-u-n-n-y!!! Thanks for my 1st laugh of the day!!!! Life is wonderful, isn't it????
    Bless your heart for sharing.....
    ~ I'm a Blessed Nanna to 2 Grandsons & 5 Granddaughters ~
    ~ I'm a Blessed Mom to DS & DDIL, DD & DSIL ~
    ~ Mom to 3 cats, Callie, Buddy & Daisy ~
    ~ God Bless the USA ~ ~ God Bless Our Troops ~

Quote Originally Posted by Nanamoms View Post
    I also laughed for the first time today!!!!! Just yucky overcast weather here and I'm not feeling too well so just been reading the QB and cruising the internet. Needed a good laugh WITH you!!
    So sorry you're not feeling well Nanamoms. Laughter has a way of shaking the blahs away. I had such a belly laugh yesterday that as I think about it, it brings a chuckle to my heart. I had been having heel pain for weeks, but thought it would eventually "go away." But yesterday morning it was so bad that I called the doc's office for an appt. I was amazed when she asked if I could be there by 10:15 (It was 9:30). I zipped over there and was called almost immediately. When the doc came in, he said: "Let me see, it must be your right heel giving you trouble." I said, "Yes, It surely is the right one." Nothing more was said, but in the back of my mind I kept wondering how he must have come up with that. When I walked to the xray machine, I asked him how in the world did you know that it was my right foot. He looked at me, like DUH, you had your right shoe OFF. I was so tickled for being so naive, so BLOND. (excuse me for stereotyping with a blond joke -- but this was no joke). Everytime I thought about that during the day (and still now), I chuckled. I asked him not to tell my sister who works in the office. Long story short, I received an injection and am walking easily now. I suppose the tape on the butt could be any of us. I tell on myself with all of the thread I carry around on my clothes. Friends have become accustomed to it. They will pick off the thread and say, you sewing on something red today.
    One step at a time, always forward.

Oh My Goodness.... what a funny story.....!!!! Sadly, if it had been my butt they would have asked it is was wishful thinking!!!! LOL LOL LOL

Hugs and thank you for a good morning laugh!

Caroline
    Caroline

Isn't it great that we can laugh at ourselves. I'm sure some of the people you came in contact with were definitely puzzled as to why you were wearing that tape and wondering if they should tell you..

When I read the title, I was thinking, ' If she is making them, maybe I should order one for my backside'. The story is so cute.

Oh my goodness...what a fun thread to read!!! Got a good morning chuckle from these stories...many of which I could picture myself doing!! Thanks ladies for sharing your fun!!
    Linda

You have started my Saturday off with a big smile. This sounds like something that would happen to me. Thanks for sharing.

That's hilarious!
    If a woman's work is never done....why start?

Oh how funny. Isn't it great that we can laugh at ourselves?

Last month dh and I were at a rummage sale for our volunteer fire dept. We picked up several things and went to check out. Everything had the price sticker except one-somehow it had come off that item. He told the gals he didn't know what happened to the sticker, but that it had one that said 75 cents. They all looked at each other kind of funny and charged us that price. When we got in the car, I looked at dh and started laughing. The price sticker was stuck to the front of his jeans just below the zipper on his jeans!!

Thanks so much for the laugh of the day. I went to lunch the other day and noticed I had 2 different sandals on..

Thanks for letting us all laugh with you!
    Retired teacher, loving it.
    Love quilting also.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by debbieumphress View Post
    Not what I was expecting, ROFL.....how funny.
    At least no one grabbed it to take it off for you. Jeesh......
    My dh put on some new jeans and as we left the house I noticed the clear sixe strip running down his leg was still there. SO glad I saw it and pulled it off before we got too far.
    Thanks for the giggles. Laughter is always good medicine....
    My husband wore that same strip for an entire day at work, no one said a thing until he came in that afternoon and I noticed it as he walked by my sewing table and I turned to see him.
    Just passing through!

This is one of the greatest stories I ever heard. LOL and a big

I agree and I needed a good laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by leiladylei54 View Post
    Sorry, but it is too funny!!!

Blog Entries
    That's too funny. Thanks for a great start to my day!

Blog Entries
    Oh, bless your heart for being able to share that with us! You know we're laughing with you (not at you), right? Keep your good attitude, and thank's for sharing that with us!
    Mavis

Quote Originally Posted by debbieumphress View Post
    Not what I was expecting, ROFL.....how funny.
    At least no one grabbed it to take it off for you. Jeesh......
    My dh put on some new jeans and as we left the house I noticed the clear sixe strip running down his leg was still there. SO glad I saw it and pulled it off before we got too far.
    Thanks for the giggles. Laughter is always good medicine....
    I think I need a wife! I'm sure if that were you he wouldn't even notice.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsBeasley View Post
    I was squaring up my quilt on the living room floor, measuring across the top, middle, and bottom, and then down the right side, middle, and left side. As I measured, I wrote the measurements on a piece of painter's tape (e.g. left pointing arrow, 94" right pointing arrow) and then I stuck the tape in place. All that crawling around on the floor tuckered me out, and when I was done, I put the quilt away. Later that afternoon I did some shopping-- pharmacy, hardware store, farmer's market, grocery store. I met a quite a few people I know and had a visit with most of them. That night as I was getting ready for bed, I took off my jeans and tossed them on the bed. Right across the butt of my jeans was a crosswise piece of tape--left pointing arrow, 93 1/2", right pointing arrow. There's nothing like wearing a wide load sign!
    No one said anything to you? That is just too funny!
    Bad Spellers of the World
    U N T I E

That sounds like something I would do! LOL Thanks for the laugh. (I'm laughing with you, not at you.)

Love it sure beat the size tags they stick on pants.
    Freedom is costly and quilting keeps us busy...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast