Woke Up to NO Water?!

Old 04-23-2011, 06:24 AM

Our pump did the same thing last week. A friend who is an electrician came to look at it. On the electrical box at the pump house is a red reset button. It was on the bottom and not noticeable. Simple, a push of a button and it was back on. See if you can find yours. Good luck.
Old 04-23-2011, 07:04 AM
Power Poster

Thanks for the tips. Had to work for a few hours, buthome now. BF called the pump guys,not a breaker or anything, so we think its the pump. Will be okay, but I wonder if they will be able to come on a weekend!/
Old 04-23-2011, 02:17 PM

Hope you are able to get your pump repaired this weekend. It never fails...when you have company coming, something always happens. We used to have water issues...pump would lose its prime, sump pump in the well house would quit and cause pump to lose prime, etc. A few years ago we got up the morning after Xmas to no water. DH fiddled with it (he generally was able to fix) but he got frustrated and called a plumbing company. We ended up putting in a new pressure tank, submersible pump, and sump pump. Merry Xmas to us! LOL But, other than a frozen pipe a couple times since then, we have not had any problems.
Old 04-24-2011, 02:59 AM

I just experienced the same thing! Husband found a reset button to restart the well!!! No service call and I am doing a happy dance!.
Old 04-24-2011, 05:55 AM

If you lived in Texas, I would ask you if there was any Barnett-Shale drilling going on near you. We had four wells drilled within a 5 mile radius of us in 2010...they hit our reservoir of water and our well went dry overnight...really too bad to, as that well had run with the best Artisien water for over 70 yrs. Our only choice was to move, as the Landlord refused to drill another well.

But that is the way it goes sometime...and its ok now...we are in a lovely home on many acres, in the country...and NO Barnett-Shale drilling going on for many, many miles around us...and none will, as they have already found this area to be "empty" for natural gas....

So hang in there, and I am so sorry this happened to you....
Old 04-24-2011, 06:59 AM

Oh no!!! I hope they will come out and fix it right away.
Old 04-24-2011, 07:21 AM

I lived in China for many years so am used to this. Everyone took their turn at having no water, no electric. Many mornings with no water or electric. We never knew when it was our turn 'in the barrel'. Always kept candles and extra water in the house. Would heat water on the stove, gas, to wash up with. We used to call them PTA baths. You guess what parts of the body we were referring to. But here in the states it would be a shock to find no water. Hope all turns out OK for you, good luck.
Old 04-24-2011, 08:56 AM

How are the points? Ours were worn down and had no contact anymore so the motor wouldn't run. It was a quick and inexpensive fix. So sorry it went out for you on Easter! Good luck and hope you get it repaired quickly.
Old 04-24-2011, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by SuziC
OH NO!! I can't help but wish you the best :!:
Same here -Sending out a Prayer
Old 04-24-2011, 10:00 AM

We've had 2 instances with our 18 yr old well quiting. The first was the celenoid(sp?) in the pump house and my husband was able to replace on his own. It was leaking oil and that's how we knew it was the problem. Cost about $50 for the replacement.

The second time was more expensive and had to have a guy come out and replace the pump in the well (100' down). That cost about $1200!

Luckily, the well wasn't dry! Had a cousin over near Spokane, WA that had that problem a couple times. Needed to use a pump truck filled with water.

Good Luck!! Hope it's not an expensive fix.