Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: WOOHOO!!! GOOD NEWS!!!!

Whoo hooo! Welcome home!

Quote Originally Posted by Piedmont Quilter
    Quote Originally Posted by tlrnhi
    LOL
    No, not West "by God" Virginia.
    This is VIRGINIA...right underneath Washington, DC and above South Carolina. Right on the coast, 1/2 way down.
    Hey, Hey. Now don't forget North Carolina!! Me, Ninnie, Mimisharon and a few others live in NC. We are between VA and SC!! Are ya'll going to be stationed in Norfolk?? Glad you are getting closer to the babies!!
    Oh, no worries! I will be doing LOTS of road trips. Gotta go see Ninnie...she has my dog! lol

By the time my round of IRR is going to you, you'll be settled in your new home! Maybe I'll drive south and hand deliver it, lol.

Congratulations - I know you've been waiting for this move.

Well Terri, that makes visiting all your quilting buddies a whole lot easier! You're certainly moving in the right direction for that trip to Newfoundland!

How long before you're done with the military completely?
    My hubby has 40 months left to work in his hospital job... yes we are counting the months!

Peaceandjoy...you never know...I could take a trip north to pick it up. There are a couple little furry minis I need to get my paws on...ok, maybe ONE certain one, but I'll love on a few more.

Mamagus....hubby has a mandatory retirement date of March 13, 2013. Not sure how many months, but that's when he's supposed to be done. Now, could that change? Yep!

Woohoo Terri, we will be neighbors.

You better start your list of LQ's in the area now and put 'em in a safe place. That needs unpacked before anything else, right?

Congratulations and I'll keep my fingers crossed. Where in Virginia? I'm not far from the Virginia - North Carolina line. Have a safe trip!

Quote Originally Posted by hokieappmom
    Congratulations and I'll keep my fingers crossed. Where in Virginia? I'm not far from the Virginia - North Carolina line. Have a safe trip!
    hokieappmom ~ where in NC are you at?

Hubby will be at Little Creek, VA.
    Will just be a hop, skip and a jump to some of you.
    I see TONS of road trips happening!

Lexington. Where are you?

Love your quote!

Lexington. Where are you?
    I'm going to PM you so we don't steal Terri's thread!!

You're going to miss those lizards. Welcome to the South, ya'll! We're happy to have you.

You aren't stealing the thread...
    It's ok!
    Hey Chele....I forsee a visit to your area too!
    Gotta go see Mickey again! :)

Terri, I am just so happy for you.

Now, Virginia is close to the babies I hope. I can't remember where they are and I know you've told us.

Just think, you'll actually see "fall" this year!

(wish we were close enough to help you pack up!)

Good for you Terri! Have a daughter in Virginia - we will have to get together when I visit there. Drive carefully!

so excited for you!! on your way from Cal. drop by Montana and visit me!! It could be on your way!! We could have lunch or supper. I'd love to meet you in person. take care and have a fun time packing and cleaning and traveling soon!!

LOL
    This is VIRGINIA...right underneath Washington, DC and above South Carolina. Right on the coast, 1/2 way down.
    Virginia is east of West Virginia, and north of NORTH CAROLINA!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: No way to get to South Carolina without going through here. :-D :-D
    You will be home in the states before you know it!! So, take time to enjoy your last days there, and think about all the things you will miss. You are arriving at a great time , Spring, so it will be neither hot or cold. :-D

Quote Originally Posted by Ninnie
    LOL
    Virginia is east of West Virginia, and north of NORTH CAROLINA!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: No way to get to South Carolina without going through here. :-D :-D
    You will be home in the states before you know it!! So, take time to enjoy your last days there, and think about all the things you will miss. You are arriving at a great time , Spring, so it will be neither hot or cold. :-D
    I know it's North Carolina...just got excited! Meant to type North, but got South in there for some reason....

Grandbabies will be just about 9 hours away or so Mapquest says, but with me driving, could take as little as 4 hours lol

Ninnie, just have Morty standing by...will pick him up on my way thru NC. lol

Montanaquilter...would love to drive up for a visit, but with just so little time, it's next to impossible. I will, however, be planning a road trip. Hubby says he'll take some leave time in the spring of next year so we can take a nice driving vacation. he doesn't like to fly, so.....driving is good!

You know, Karla (Barnbum) is just around the corner from me... We never seem to see each other any more; I guess we have different circles. I tried to get younger DD to go there w/ me last year when she had her babies, but DD was being a pill. Ah, she's at college now, so I enjoy the quiet, lol.

Yes, yes, a trip north would be perfect. You might have noticed in previous posts, we have TONS of great shops around here.

You are almost at the end for me, for the IRR - which means summer? I think there are a lot of members here that live not too far (globally speaking - I'll say 3 or so hours). You could have quite a trip!

Blog Entries
    Keeping everything crossed for you WOO HOO ! So excited for you !!! :lol: :shock: :lol: :thumbup:
    And lots of stops and roads trips are a MUST

Oh boy Terri is going to shop and shop and shop on her road trip. I loved that drive from Cherry Pit to Yuma, I should have stayed there but alas I wouldn'thave met DH so I guess it was a good thing.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Yay for Terri!! Just make sure your stash and sewchines don't get lost! Woo hoo!! Terri's gonna be incountry!! Let the parties begin as soon as she hits the ground here!!

Congrats Terri! I'd pack now so I wouldn't hold anything up. :)

I'll come see you, my Favorite vaca is Sandbridge, a short jaunt from Little Creek. I've been to Little Creek for softball tournaments- that's how we discovered VA for our family vacations.

Welcome home girlfriend!

Wonderful news! Sounds like you have lots of plans!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast