Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 6

Thread: WOOHOO!!! GOOD NEWS!!!!

Good for you! I suppose Alaska would be a little too out of the way on your drive east?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tlrnhi
    I don't want a doormat....I want the RED CARPET!!! lol
    I knew that was coming...and who's to say that our doormat isn't long, skinny and red????

:wink: :lol: :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by weezie
    I probably should know this, but don't read the General Chit-Chat section much. I'm assuming you are in Hawaii? Oahu? Pearl Harbor area maybe?
    No, not on Oahu. Left there Jan 08 and now on Guam....we keep moving south, which is NOT what I am wanting.
    FINALLY getting back to the good ole US of A!!
    Sorry about the "rant" about our Hawaii tour of duty. Perhaps your time there was good. Of course, our 3 years there had a lot of good times, too, but the "low spots" were bad enough to make us long to get back to the mainland. I know almost nothing about Guam, but I think it must be hot and humid. I am really happy for you that you will be back in the USA soon. I know that feeling!

Cheers....and who gets to help pack up the fabric????
    You are almost close enough to my fabric pile you could come visit and stitch.
    Good luck & blessings

I'm thinking road trip- I'll stop and pick up my Central PA neighbors and we'll meander the back roads to VA and see Terri's new place and pick her up, and then to NC to Ninnie's (who will collect the NC group) and a trip to Mary Jo's.

We can use my UPS account to ship our goods home so we have plenty of room in the car.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbm
    I'm thinking road trip- I'll stop and pick up my Central PA neighbors and we'll meander the back roads to VA and see Terri's new place and pick her up, and then to NC to Ninnie's (who will collect the NC group) and a trip to Mary Jo's.

We can use my UPS account to ship our goods home so we have plenty of room in the car.
    Count me in for the NC group ~ meeting everyone & a trip to Mary Jo's ~~~ it's just doesn't get any better than that!!!

Blog Entries
    The road trip sounds like fun, but CT is WAY out of the way. I'll have to wait till I visit my DS & family in So Riding VA to meet Terri in person.

Quote Originally Posted by lfw045
    Trunk show of quilts......hmmm.......i have a couple tops that aren't finished, but as to finished quilts...nope, they all get given away.
    But, sure....you can come and have your own little trunk show. There'll be TONS of boxes for the sewing room that will need to be unpacked. Think you are up to the challenge?;)
    I'll be right up the street....just let me know and I'll be glad to help you unpack! I promise you don't have to hide your Asian fabrics..they will be safe....lol!
    You are on!!
    LOL! Can't wait!

Just think of the HUGE unpacking party we will have! :)

this sounds so much like the perfect vacation that i cant BELIEVE it...lol...

where Terri is moving is my favorite-ist place on earth to vacation. Driven there many times.

NC and Ninnie, etc. are a stones throw away from my DD's. So a trip to Mary Jo's is not out of the question.

My hubby has just crossed over to the side of allowing me a "girls only" week end with my friends and going to the movies. He will laugh if I get this figured out.

I'm thinking this could be a 2 part for me- already heading to NC the end of May and I can wait for Terri to get settled and go there in late August.

P.S. I can be packed and ready to leave in 20 minutes.

Blog Entries
    I'm just jealous! I too can be ready to go quickly, but I'm not sure how my animals will feel about me just driving off... :lol: :lol:

Sounds like a great plan!!!

Hi Teri:
    Being an x-Navy wife, I know how exciting it is to get orders and you hope, pray and cry that you get your duty station choice ...we didn't always get what we wanted but we always found out we were glad we got the station we were sent to as we made many friends and saw lots of wonderful country. So happy for you.

Don't forget me, Barb! I'm just across the state from Ninnie. ;-)

YAY!!! I'm so happy for ya'll!!!

This is so exciting!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 5 6