Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
WOOHOO!!!!  I'M A HAPPY GIRL, I'M LEAVING THE PEBBLE!!!!! >

WOOHOO!!!! I'M A HAPPY GIRL, I'M LEAVING THE PEBBLE!!!!!

WOOHOO!!!! I'M A HAPPY GIRL, I'M LEAVING THE PEBBLE!!!!!

Old 02-28-2010, 06:41 PM

I am so happy for you! Are you ready for me to come and pack?
Of course, I'm a pretty slow walker, I might not get there before you leave, and my dh says that I do NOT walk on water! :D :D
Old 02-28-2010, 06:42 PM
Power Poster

yipee. I'm so happy for you. Where will you be heading.
Old 02-28-2010, 06:53 PM

YEA!!!! I remember those days of waiting for the orders to arrive. We've had them pulled and changed a few times too.
Old 02-28-2010, 11:21 PM
Banned

I know I am the weird one here but I think I would not have trouble with the Island life at all.

I watched the Tom Hanks movie "Castaway" and I looked at my wife and told her that he was crazier than a Betsy Bug for leaving that place!

Everytime my wife and I go to the Bahamas or the Virgin islands I can not tell you how many times I told her she could go back home but I was staying!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

But I guess the grass always seem greener on the other side.....

At least you will have more access to the quilt shops and the postage will be cheaper!!! Glad to see you happy in moving back to the states.

Billy
Old 03-01-2010, 12:03 AM

I have been reading on here for a long time so I know about your time there. Congratulations on recieving your orders. Virginia is beautiful but be ready for a cold & snowy Winter. Maybe next Winter will not be as bad as this one has been. Hoping your travel & move will go smoothly.
Old 03-01-2010, 12:08 AM

Doing the happy dance with you! I know it seems like a long time away but it will come oh so quick and absolutely remind yourself of this joy next winter when your in the deep deep snow. Snow is gorgeous. From the inside of a warm room with a fire roaring in the background. Yippee! You will love it here.
Old 03-01-2010, 12:14 AM

Location: Muscatine, Iowa by way of West Virginia, Washington State, and Montana

Happy for you! Hope your move goes smoothly.
Old 03-01-2010, 02:14 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Way haaayyyy!!! I'm SO happy for you, girl!!! :-D :-D :-D
Old 03-01-2010, 02:20 AM

Congratulations. And good luck.
Old 03-01-2010, 03:47 AM

Well, I did the running around to everywhere I needed to go for appointments today. I hope, and keep your fingers crossed that I CAN get the van shipped on the 8th. If I don't ship it then, it'll be late getting into CA and we will have to wait on it, meaning we will either have to leave here a few days late or stay in a hotel in Long Beach (YUCK!) for a couple days.

I've got appointments for the cats to get their shots. I have to now, finish packing up my sewing room.
We are hoping to pack out the last week of March. So, that means I need to plan my trip for either the week before or the week after. Not sure which I will do. Will most likely depend on what I find out at appointment next Friday as to IF I can pick what days I want them to come and pack us. It will take them 3 days to do this entire house.
We have the truck sold, so that's a good thing. We don't actually give it to the person until the middle of April, but I told hubby that we could rent a car for a couple weeks, not a problem. We are looking to leave out of here, no later than April 22.
Depending on how much time we actually have traveling, I do want to meet up with some. There is one person that I DO have to meet because she has something on mine. :) :) Gotta pick it up!!