worn out

Old 11-07-2010, 04:39 AM

Sooz, I also suffer with fibromyalgia so can relate. Some days are better than others. Most people don't understand because we don't look sick. Enjoy the good days and happy quilting.
Old 11-07-2010, 05:47 AM

Sooz, Rest dear and once you feel alittle better you will be glad that you spent your spoons on a memoriable day with your friend. I have fibro and some days I wonder how I get anything done at all.
Healing hugs
Old 11-07-2010, 06:16 AM
Power Poster

Sooz,
Hope you get some rest! Your day with your friend was time well spent, but I do understand your point! Fibro is no fun. The spoon theory is great! Folks don't understand, as they go by sight mostly.
Hugs to you for a better day today! :)
Old 11-07-2010, 07:30 AM

I have fibro too and couldn't handle that kind of "fun"!! My dgd used to cry when I held her....realized it was my glasses. She's 5 now so no problem!

Rest today, we know how those flares can hold on!! :-D
Old 11-07-2010, 07:34 AM

What is interesting is I gave her a copy of the spoon theory a long time ago. Her DH has MS so I thought it would be useful for him too. I don't think she ever read it. She is funny that way.

I feel a bit better today but now have the added stress that my dad is in the hospital. To make a long story short...he fell and injured his hip (hip replacement one), head, and leg. Mom called the dr and she said put ice on it. Finally I convinced her to take him to the ER and they did a CT scan and said his head is fine, put heat on his leg and sent him home with nothing but pain meds.

Well, she just called me and he is in the hospital. The leg is horribly infected and he has gone septic. He is 80 and in very poor health. He has had numerous heart attacks and his heart is pumping at 25% of normal. His circulation is horrible. They found some cancer cells in a "fishing test" whatever that is. He needs to have a procedure done to find the cancer but the cardiologist says he can't have the procedure because his heart is so bad.

I'm so frustrated. They live in Colorado and I want to go be with mom but we only have one car running and I can't leave my family with one car. We are going for Thanksgiving so will just have to wait til then.

Sorry to burden you with my problems once again!
Old 11-07-2010, 07:46 AM
JJs
Banned

I'm surprised you can even walk today - after too much walking around like that I can barely get out of the car, let alone be civil!

We went to the street fair yesterday - walked from one end of town to the other and back - that was enough for me...

Have you tried the Relief Crocs? - they are made for plantar faciatis, foot pain, etc - I really hate to sound like a commercial but I can actually walk in these.
They are NOT the beach Crocs, or even the diabetic Crocs - I have some of the diabetic ones and they are NOT as comfortable to me as the Relief ones.

These are NOT Walmart or Target or any other knockoff brand - they are actual Crocs - I get them at the outlets - I know there is one in Lake of the Ozarks, MO, and in Foley, Al - you can check the Crocs website for more...
I've looked at diabetic shoes etc but the prices are out of this world and as long as I can still walk in these, I will - they do look terrible tho! and my endo says I have to wear socks with crocs LOL
Old 11-07-2010, 07:58 AM

Sending you {{{{hugs}}}} Sooz, you have a lot on your plate right now so remember to take care of yourself first.
Old 11-07-2010, 10:22 AM
np3
Power Poster

Goodness, you need lots of hugs!!!

Thank you for making me stop and think about the blessings that I have and reminding me to be respectful of others.

May you feel better soon and prayers for your dad.
Old 11-07-2010, 03:05 PM

Thanks everyone!!

I just got home from another shopping trip with my oldest DD. She is starting a Party Gals business and needed lots of supplies so just spent the last 4 hours shopping with her. I'm exhausted!!!!

My dad is not well. He will be in the hospital for a few days and they are starting him on a new heart medicine. They made him sign a do not resuscitate" document and that was upsetting to him. Apparently the antibiotic is working well and the infection is going down. My poor mom is so exhausted. It will be good for her while he is in the hospital. She is his caregiver and he is very hard to take care of. I've been worried about her getting sick too. Hopefully she can get a good nights sleep tonight.
Old 11-07-2010, 04:26 PM

I'm worn out too just reading this! LOL
Sounds like you had a good day despite being worn out though.