Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you get a quilt tattoo?

Piedmont Virginia in the Foothills of the Blue Ridge Mtns.
    Not a snowball's chance in h---!

Jan in VA

Nope! Not my thing!

my boyfriend is 74 he has one "finally", that was the last boat he was going to buy and that was about 30 years old, ha, he would be covered like a maori (sp?) if that was true, but his a little faded but still looks great, now he has another, a rooster, that was a dare, and popeye, that is his nick name, they really do look good, but i think men age different than women, his skin is very thick, and he spends a lot of time in the sun due to his work and is in great shape because of his work, they do look good, his next is betty grable, but if i put a dolphin on me (will be 60 in jan)it would most likely look like a dead mackrel in march,me i am going to pass, but i do think they are cool, just not me, my son looks like a hulking beach bum with his daughters name him , but he is thirty, i told him, just put it where it will not sag, i do not do pain, just a coward

You just need to be careful where you put them... not in a place that distorts with the effects of long term gravity :-)

A quilting tatoo would be the only one I would choose.
    However, I don't want something permanent on my body.
    I've paid too much money for art on my walls and have grown tired of looking at them. Too easy to take them off the wall. lol So none for me!

No! Ouch!

Power Poster
    absoutley not

A quilting tattoo?....never thought of one....will have to put some thought into in....one of my favorite blocks, maybe....already have two tats, one on my shoulder back, the other on my calf....I love them and am not ashamed in any way.

yes....maybe just a needle and thread or a button.. something tiny ..someday

Quote Originally Posted by quiltsRfun
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweeterthanwine
    Never!! I've seen people with tatoos who are over the age of 65 and the tatoos look awful. Wrinkled and sagging. Not for me.
    This from that wise old sage Maxine:

"Do you realize that in about forty years, we'll have millions of old ladies running around with tattoos and pierced navels?" (Now that's scary!)
    my 75 year old grandmother has a pierced navel :shock:

as far a tatoos aging well or not... wrinkled saggy skin isn't exactly attractive all on it's own... so until then I will enjoy my tatoo, and after -- I'll be to old and saggy to care (I hope) or if I do, I just won't try to twist and turn myself around to look at it :D

Quote Originally Posted by ube quilting
    Quote Originally Posted by quiltsRfun
    Never!! I've seen people with tatoos who are over the age of 65 and the tatoos look awful. Wrinkled and sagging. Not for me.
    This from that wise old sage Maxine:

"Do you realize that in about forty years, we'll have millions of old ladies running around with tattoos and pierced navels?" (Now that's scary!)
    We'll all have cataracs so who cares! Ha
    LOL! If I ever did get this tattoo it would be in a place that only I or my spouse would see it. When I'm old and wrinkly I wouldn't be showing off that area anyway. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by DesiG
    You just need to be careful where you put them... not in a place that distorts with the effects of long term gravity :-)
    HAHA! Definitely not on my chest then. ;)

would love to but very phobic of needles I tend to panic. People laugh because I give shots to animals all day. I just tell them I'm not getting the shot so its okay. I compare myself to an aggressive crybaby chihuahua when it comes to needles. I act like a baby and also may bite hah hah

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphyngyrl
    would love to but very phobic of needles I tend to panic. People laugh because I give shots to animals all day. I just tell them I'm not getting the shot so its okay. I compare myself to an aggressive crybaby chihuahua when it comes to needles. I act like a baby and also may bite hah hah
    I don't have an issue with needles so I don't know if this help any, but the gun doesn't actually look like a needle -- it kinda looks like an old caligraphy pen (quill?) unless you get right up to it

Quote Originally Posted by shnnn
    my 75 year old grandmother has a pierced navel :shock:
    I remember when my grandmother was in her 70's she went to Miami Beach with a bunch of her friends for two weeks. When she came home she had had her eyebrows tattooed so she wouldn't have to put eyebrow pencil on anymore. My father told her she was acting like a naughty teenager. LOL I thought it was awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphyngyrl
    Is that your daughter in your avatar pic? She's ADORABLE! :D

I was in a really cool quilt shop in Austin. The woman running the place has lots of sewing/quilting tattoos. The fabric was wonderful and great priced AND that woman was a sweetheart. :)

Blog Entries
    No way. Couldn't give blood then.

You know, the more I look at the tattoo on the first page, the more I like it. I just might print the picture out and take it to a tattoo parlor to see what they would charge me to get it done. I have a feeling $200 or more might be the price...

No tats for me.

Blog Entries
    I've been thinking of getting tatoo of one of my vintage Singers. I have three tats, so the needle part doesn't bother me at all.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    at 65 who cares?? everything is saggy/baggy/wrinkly, etc...

at 50 I have tats that look brand new...and my sister who is 48 and laid out all her life has NO tats and her skin looks like gator bags....

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by noahscats7
    No way. Couldn't give blood then.
    NOT true....I have 20 of them and give blood all the time....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
    My son is trying to talk me into getting a quilting tattoo. But they sound so painful and I'm such a weenie. I think I'm going to though, a really really small one!
    Love that machine but it looks too painful LOL
    I have a tatoo on my right ankle, everyone says that is one of the most painful places to get one, but I didn't think it was too bad. My girls and I all have the same purple rose with the symbol for love behind it, it holds special meaning for us.
    As long as it is small and tasteful i don't see a reason not to.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I belong to another online quilting group and we have a logo that looks like a vintage sailors tattoo...some are actually going to get it, but it is NOT my style, so not sure I would get a quilty one or not..I know many famous quilter's have them!

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast