xoxoxo

Old 07-07-2010, 01:53 PM

I must be very lucky too, because I have a 22 year old daughter that is not very affectionate, but have grown to realize that Mom can give useful advice when asked. We went through a phase when she didn't listen to a word I say.

On top of that I have a 16 year old boy whom I have to pay if I want a kiss on my cheeck, and pay more if I want a "smack" sound. To be even luckier, I have a 7 year old who comes to kiss and hug me first thing in the morning and last thing at night and during the day help me with everything and wants to spend every wake moment with me. He is lovely.
Old 07-07-2010, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by littlehud
I always said being a mom was the best thing in the world. There is one thing better and it's being a grandma. :-D :-D
Ditto! so true
Old 07-07-2010, 03:27 PM

just wait until they don't call or something and you wait all night....only to find out that they are sitting at Arby's talking all night! LOL...
Old 07-07-2010, 04:48 PM
Power Poster

I had all my kids in my 20's but looking back I realize I didn't have the patience I would have had if I'd been an older Mom. My own Mom and I have bantered about this for years. She thinks you have to be young but I've seen a lot more older mothers who have a lot more patience and wisdom than I had. But it is what it is. I now have 3 wonderful adult sons and I'm still fairly young :D It all works out somehow!!
Old 07-07-2010, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
I had all my kids in my 20's but looking back I realize I didn't have the patience I would have had if I'd been an older Mom. My own Mom and I have bantered about this for years. She thinks you have to be young but I've seen a lot more older mothers who have a lot more patience and wisdom than I had. But it is what it is. I now have 3 wonderful adult sons and I'm still fairly young :D It all works out somehow!!
you may not have the patience but you sure had the energy. That's is what I'm lacking.
Old 07-07-2010, 06:29 PM

I was a somewhat older mom as well, 27 for first one and 37 for last one (and 4 in between). Two of my friends who are within a couple of years of my age have DGDs my daughter's age and great grands only a few months younger than my DGS.

And yes, I totally agree about lacking the energy!

Not sure the patience was there either...I remember when DD was a teenager, one time #5 son came home and DD & I were both hollering at each other at the top of our lungs. He asked what we were fussing about and neither one of us could tell him!
Old 07-07-2010, 07:35 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sew_lulu
Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
you may not have the patience but you sure had the energy. That's is what I'm lacking.
AAAahhhh I forgot about that :mrgreen: But I definitely could have used more wisdom!
Old 07-07-2010, 08:01 PM

It was July 22, 1986 when my son kissed me and told me he loved me he was 17 months old and I had had a bad day, at that minute I realized how blessed I was. May God bless you and your family as he has mine.
Old 07-07-2010, 11:26 PM

I get xxxooo's everyday from DD who lives with us. She is 34. DS calls almost daily and alway's says he loves us. Best words and feeling there is. Guess we did something right. ;)
Old 07-08-2010, 04:16 AM

Originally Posted by wvdek
I get xxxooo's everyday from DD who lives with us. She is 34. DS calls almost daily and alway's says he loves us. Best words and feeling there is. Guess we did something right. ;)
You sure did something right. I sure hope to b/c mine is still a toddler.