xx

Old 06-27-2009, 01:53 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Didn't see the dude reference - what I saw began with 'w'....! LOL

C - what you said there in 'French' was really RUUUUDE!!! LOL
Old 06-27-2009, 02:25 AM
Banned

It's funny what words have different meanings in different countries. I worked with a girl from Britain several years ago who told me that when she first came to the US to work, the physician who did her ore-employment physical walked into the exam room and patted the top of the table saying "sit your fanny up here". She said she almost freaked!

For the rest of us yanks, evidently "fanny" in the UK is the equivalent of the "c" word.
Old 06-27-2009, 02:51 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Originally Posted by gaigai
It's funny what words have different meanings in different countries. I worked with a girl from Britain several years ago who told me that when she first came to the US to work, the physician who did her ore-employment physical walked into the exam room and patted the top of the table saying "sit your fanny up here". She said she almost freaked!

For the rest of us yanks, evidently "fanny" in the UK is the equivalent of the "c" word.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

PS - I wonder how many American guys have visited the UK and freaked when asked if they 'want a fag'? (in UK that's a cigarette...) :lol:
Old 06-27-2009, 02:55 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Just bought a can of spray starch yesterday and it's labelled in French and Dutch - the Dutch for starch is 'stijfsel' which translates literally as 'stiff maker' :lol:
Old 06-27-2009, 04:04 AM

Originally Posted by k3n
Just bought a can of spray starch yesterday and it's labelled in French and Dutch - the Dutch for starch is 'stijfsel' which translates literally as 'stiff maker' :lol:
An exchange student from France here told her host family upon arriving at her new home that she wanted nothing more then a nice hot douche. The host dad almost fainted. Everyone else was mortified. Only then did they find out that she wanted a shower.
Old 06-27-2009, 04:32 AM
k3n
Power Poster

LOL K!

I like the Dutch for whipped cream - 'slag room'! LOL
Old 06-27-2009, 05:35 AM

Originally Posted by k3n
Originally Posted by gaigai

learned the "fanny" thing while in Austria hanging out with some folks from Austrailia - we mentioned our "fanny packs" and they just about died from laughing - told us what "fanny" meant to them!! Wel, don't we usually wear our fanny packs in the front and not the back!? The rest of the time in Austria with them we would walk up to each other and say "hey, nice fanny you got there!"
Old 06-27-2009, 05:36 AM

Originally Posted by quiltncrazy
can you believe we have all wrote out this much stuff, and all Bw had to do was write, 'xx'?
Hey, B?...was that some kind of bet, you had going with hubby?
..."watch these turkeys"..."they'll go for anything!"
ahahahaha!!

and we did!
Old 06-27-2009, 05:37 AM

Originally Posted by kwhite
Originally Posted by k3n
An exchange student from France here told her host family upon arriving at her new home that she wanted nothing more then a nice hot douche. The host dad almost fainted. Everyone else was mortified. Only then did they find out that she wanted a shower.
Oh my!! now THAT is funny!!!!
Old 06-27-2009, 05:43 AM
k3n
Power Poster

Hey BW - thanks for giving us a thread with no subject - then we can't be accused of hijacking! LOL Or did you mean we're xx rated? LOL