Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Yet another dumb tv program.. >

Yet another dumb tv program..

Yet another dumb tv program..

Old 05-28-2016, 05:16 AM

Default Yet another dumb tv program..

This is '500 questions' - wow! I do like semi intelligent game shows like jeopardy, and actually that's probably the only one around, but this one is over the top.....the dramatic light show, strange music and the format are really bizzare. the questions were really tough and 5 seconds to answer....contestants had the smarts to answer, but trying to follow the pattern of this program was a bit confusing. Needless to say, won't watch again....summer tv watching is going to be a real drag.
Old 05-28-2016, 05:45 AM
Power Poster

I rarely watch anything new when I am quilting. Today I am binging on one of my favorite movies, A Night's Tale since this is the last day it will be on HBO Demand.
Old 05-28-2016, 07:38 AM
Power Poster

my dh can't understand why i don't like it. it think you hit the nail on the head.
Old 05-28-2016, 09:11 AM

Too much chit chat going on. And quite a bit of braggadocio!
Old 05-28-2016, 10:51 AM

500 Questions had Ken, the all-time winner of Jeopardy, as a contestant. He got two strikes right away, and I shut off the tv. Only 5 seconds to answer the questions, and they were way beyond me. Dumb is right!
Old 05-29-2016, 02:47 AM

I must live in the Boonies because I never heard of the show - can't say I am sorry!!!!! It seems to me that television has depleted the intelligence of everyone. Now I know why I go to the library and get audiobooks. Or play in the garden or sit on the deck and sew binding or embroider a Christmas quilt that I have been working on for a good five years now!!!!! I have my dog, Bess, two parakeets (BB and Bitz) and two finches (Beaujolais and Bordeaux - each one called "Bo". Their actions sure beat some of these television shows!!!!! I just finished watching the whole series of "7th Heaven" from the late l980's and the shows were so good. They are rerunning them now on the UP Channel. Those were the good days of TV - Edie
Old 05-29-2016, 03:47 AM

Why is the show "dumb" just because the questions are tough? Try watching for a while, you might just learn something.

Last edited by paoberle; 05-29-2016 at 03:49 AM.
Old 05-29-2016, 06:54 AM

Pretty much have given up on TV period. I do confess I love Walking Dead but cannot stand all the waiting between seasons. But I do cave when it comes back on. I like Dr Pol, Little Couple, and a couple of others, mainly on Tuesdays and of course Sunday. I don't have the patience to watch dumb anymore!!
Old 05-29-2016, 06:58 AM
Power Poster

It's only suppose to be on a few nights. Kind of like a short pilot/filler. I'd rather see nothing but blank space.
Originally Posted by Edie View Post
I must live in the Boonies because I never heard of the show - can't say I am sorry!!!!! It seems to me that television has depleted the intelligence of everyone. Now I know why I go to the library and get audiobooks. Or play in the garden or sit on the deck and sew binding or embroider a Christmas quilt that I have been working on for a good five years now!!!!! I have my dog, Bess, two parakeets (BB and Bitz) and two finches (Beaujolais and Bordeaux - each one called "Bo". Their actions sure beat some of these television shows!!!!! I just finished watching the whole series of "7th Heaven" from the late l980's and the shows were so good. They are rerunning them now on the UP Channel. Those were the good days of TV - Edie
Old 05-29-2016, 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by Edie View Post
I don't live in the boonies and I've never heard of this show. But then again, I don't watch the so-called "reality shows" or game shows. I stick with my regular shows and occasionally something new comes on that I like. Most of my TV watching is things I've recorded on my DVR or things my husband likes like "Ancient Aliens" I only watch that show to see the guy with the big hair. It seems to get bigger and then smaller as the show progresses. Small things entertain me.