Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Yet another phone spam wrinkle

Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!
    Is your number listed with donotcall.gov ?? I have both my home phone and our cell phones listed.
    When Life brings big winds of change that almost blows you over.Hang on tight and Believe.
    Words and hearts should be handled with care-for words when spoken and hearts when broken are the hardest things to repair. Author unknown to me
    Do what you feel in your heart to be right; for you'll be criticized anyway-Eleanor Roosevelt

That happened to me last week. I usually check caller ID before I answer, but I was distracted and picked it up without thinking. When I said hello, nobody said anything. I looked at caller ID and saw our number and my cat's name. We have our phone listed under Andy and our last name so when salesmen call I just tell them that Andy is in the litter box and can't come to the phone right now and they hang up on me. lol I called the phone company and they disconnected our line and reset our digital profile (whatever that means) and reconnected it. They said that should take care of the problem.

Our phone and our cell phones are on the federal and state Do Not Call lists. It doesn't seem to make any difference. We still get lots of sales calls.
    Last edited by nstitches4u; 08-30-2014 at 09:19 AM.

I get calls for my ex's present wife from collections agencies. We have been divorced 21 years. I tell them it is my ex's wife, she lives in TX and I live in FL and to take my number off her name. Son tells me she spends faster than he can make it---his problem. Sales calls if it is a machine I hang up and if a person I tell them I am broke and have no money to buy anything so loose my number. Right now worst is political ads, most I ignore.

Quote Originally Posted by quilter68 View Post
    Some of these calls are from overseas and the speaker can use several languages. So....I make up my own language - Oie, suse. someesha? and so forth. This is a language that none of them speak and they just hang-up. They don't call back!
    That's funny! A friend of mine got a call saying she would get a free cruise if she had their company put siding on her house. She said, "Oh! That's wonderful! My husband has cancer and I just found out that I have cancer. We can't work and haven't been able to pay our bills for months. We really need a vacation! Thank you!" The caller hung up on her. None of what she told them was true, but they suddenly didn't want to "give" her a cruise. lol

Blog Entries
    Oh gosh. I just finished reading this one minute ago and the phone rang. It was a guy, very think accent, asking about the Microsoft on my computer. I said "what computer?" He said "the Microsoft operating system". I said "what system if I don't have a computer?" He hung up on me.

Power Poster
    I blocked the telemarketers years ago with that 888 number. I have yet to bothered by them. I don't remember the number but it was sent to me by a friend and it worked great..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2