Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
  • You know you're addicted to quilting when.... >
  • You know you're addicted to quilting when....

• You know you're addicted to quilting when....

Old 03-07-2010, 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by k3n
    Originally Posted by Joan
    I guess I can admit it to you guys.....

When I meet someone new who doesn't quilt, I find myself talking a lot about my quilting to try to get them interested. It is just so exciting to me. I'm never bored and my only problem is that I have dreamed up so many quilts to make I could never make them if I lived to be 150. The great news is that I actually got one nonquilting friend quilting........

"Spread the love" :lol:
    Hey Joan, we could go door to door, have a little pamphlet printed - spread the word! :mrgreen:
    Now THAT is a good idea.The pamphlet should be printed on some gorgeous fabric,don't you think? I'm surprised someone hasn't started a business like Tupperware or Mary Kay Products. That is one party I would go to and actually buy something. They could show fabric and ideas for quilts and sell kits and such. Maybe, "I" should go into business....

I've been trying to think of an easy project for my Red Hat Group. None of them quilt, can you imagine?????? (What dull lives.........)
    :mrgreen:
    Old 03-07-2010, 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by Ninnie
    When you go to bed with a quilt pattern problem on your mind, and dream the answer, and get up at 3 AM to write down what you dream t about so you won't forget it. :oops: :oops: then decide to just go ahead and stay up and sew some :lol: :lol:
    Oh my goodness I have so done that....sometimes when I am up in the wee hrs of the morning I have often wonder who else might be up with me...now I know...waving from ut.
    Old 03-07-2010, 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by charvan
    ...you tell Doc that $125.00 a month is too much for a Rx, and does he know how much fabric you could buy with that $125? Give me the $4 ones @ wallyworld so I can spend my money on quilting!
    LOL.....ya thats exactly why my nails no longer get done on a regular basis, the oil chg in the truck was put off for 3 mths. I just recently got the puppy her 1st set of shots, she is 6 mths old...yes I am BAD...I know...I am addicted but not looking for any intervention programs so don't bothering sending them to my house.
    Old 03-07-2010, 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by penny doty
    You are all so funny, I love reading this, it makes me laugh all the time, so good for the heart. thank you. Penny
    Hi Penny: I hope you're laughing at the content and NOT the terrible errors I made in my last post...it must have either been late or I was very tired (from quilting all day and scrutenizing the spots on my "Tabby" cat's coat to see how THAT pattern could be worked into my next quilt. I usually try to proof read my entries before hitting the SEND but it obviously didn't happen that time. :lol: :oops:
    Old 03-07-2010, 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by chris_quilts
    You walk in somewhere not realizing that they also sell fabric and ignore the little voice screaming at you "NO MORE FABRIC> You haven't put away the latest finds" and buy some more yardagee. Cannot correct speeling due to comp problems. Sorry for the typos. I did that the other day and bought about 10 yards b/c they were pretty not that I needed them but only wanted them. :)
    My DH says "Aren't YOUR wants and needs the same thing?"
    Old 03-07-2010, 10:13 AM
    k3n
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Joan

Now THAT is a good idea.The pamphlet should be printed on some gorgeous fabric,don't you think? I'm surprised someone hasn't started a business like Tupperware or Mary Kay Products. That is one party I would go to and actually buy something. They could show fabric and ideas for quilts and sell kits and such. Maybe, "I" should go into business....
    You really should! This would really work I think! :-D
    Old 03-07-2010, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter
    When all conversations turn to quilting and your non-quilting friends roll their eyes at you .....you just can't stop yourself. hehe
    I love to people watch espically when Randy & I are out eating, he isn't a huge talker so I have to amuse myself, and I am always pointing out to him..."thats mans shirt would look great in a quilt" Randy will tease me & roll his eyes.
    Old 03-07-2010, 03:37 PM

I've been trying to think of an easy project for my Red Hat Group. None of them quilt, can you imagine?????? (What dull lives.........)
    :mrgreen:[/quote]

That's why I had to give up my Red Hat group. Nothing to talk about :lol: Other than getting old and where to eat. :lol:
    Old 03-07-2010, 10:41 PM
    Banned

thats all right I cant spell at all. Penny
    Old 03-09-2010, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter
    When all conversations turn to quilting and your non-quilting friends roll their eyes at you .....you just can't stop yourself. hehe
    Oh, Mad, is that ever true! It happens to me a lot at work...