Are you still snowed in?

Old 02-04-2011, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by nativetexan
I saw on the news one car stuck in the snow somewhere, just looked parked, but right next to that car was one on it's nose!! sticking straight up in the snow . it's rear bumper toward the sky. didn't look like it's wrecked or anything. i can't help but wonder how that happened....
my street is icy but i hope to get out today. We didn't get the storm all that much here.
I saw that as well, Would have like to see how that happen.
Old 02-04-2011, 10:13 AM

Yep, still snowed in. Using the train to get to and from work. Our car is buried on a side street with the snow that fell, plus snowblower piles and is completely blocked in. Once the city comes and plows the sidestreet then we'll have to work on digging it out, because if we do it now and the big trucks come to dig out the side street, it will just get us completely blocked in again. It's really crazy out here. Been housebound since it hit (even the mail can't be delievered), so I'm getting lots of sewing/quilting done!

Explosive blessings, abundance and inspiration to you all!
- The Creative Seamstress
Old 02-04-2011, 10:34 AM

Dallas Fort Worth still snowed in. Got another 6 inches of snow last night. Was suppose to be 51 degrees to day....NOT. high is now 21. more snow on the way.....
We will see about folks getting to the SuperBowl....
Hope it all goes away without the melted snow refreezing to ice overnight.....we can only hope....folks here getting cabin fever big time,....media is telling everyone not to give in. My neighbor went to the mail box on Wednesday, slipped and broker her foot in two places...she is in the hospital recuperating from surgery....so please be careful, everyone!
D in TX
Old 02-04-2011, 10:40 AM

Just watched the weather on TV. Tulsa is expecting another 4-6 inches today. More on Sunday, and another storm expected next Wednesday. I going nuts!!!!!
Old 02-04-2011, 11:12 AM

I live in Edmond out in the country and cant get out my driveway... at this rate it will be spring before I get out of here...Lol
wish I could go to that sale on sunday, I have never been to the Savage Quilter.. will have to check it out sometime. :)
Old 02-04-2011, 11:33 AM

Don't forget the CHOCOLATE!!
Old 02-04-2011, 12:15 PM

My brother shoveled out my car yesterday done most of my shopping had to go get the things I forgot'and I even had my lists I forgot the 3 Bs Bresd-Butter-Beer.My sewing room is stocked I got my priorities in order:0 :0 :0 Everyone stay warm and busy Spring is right around the corner but it"ll be July before the s--w melts around here
Old 02-04-2011, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by Pollyv9
I'm still snowed in here in Oklahoma City. They say the main streets are getting pretty good, lots of cars still abandoned, and slick spots but otherwise OK, but since I really don't "have" to get out I won't until Saturday. I am making a list of things I need to get because they are saying 1" to 3" again on Mon or Tue. What would you make sure to stock up on? Me - New books at Library, ink for my printer, more fusible web...I know I will be adding to this list. Everyone stay warm! Oh, I already thought of something else very important -- quilting and topstitch needles for both my machines, running low on both.

I know this does't sound too bright, but how does a topstitch needle differ from a regular needle? Had never seen them before until last wk. at Joann's. Just wondered. Marge
Old 02-04-2011, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by Melinda in Tulsa
I'm still snowed in. I couldn't get out of my driveway if I had to. I'm starting to get concerned about toilet paper!

What! no Sears catalog to use? LOL Marge
PS> Perhaps you're not old enough to remember that.
Old 02-04-2011, 04:24 PM

Snowed in in Downeast Maine. About 4-5 feet of snow on the ground. Driveways getting very narrow. My deck has even more because of the snow that has come off the roof. We are expecting a little snow this weekend and what could be another good size storm on Thur......AWWWWWW winter in Maine!!!