You will never believe

Old 03-05-2011, 08:11 AM

I just heard on the radio that a bobcat, I forget where, is wandering a neighborhood.... bit one lady on the leg and moved on to two puppies in a garage. They are beautiful but dangerous, since they are not afraid of humans.
Old 03-05-2011, 08:51 AM

We have one or more? nearby. I saw him one night crossing the highway just as I was nearing our drive. I saw him again--or maybe another one-- running across the highway in front of my car when I was about 5 miles from home last night. We also have a panther (cougar) in the area. I've seen him only once, but others have seen him too.

When my granddaughter was visiting when she was 3, we were in the yard when I heard rustling in the leaves beside our drive. I signaled her with my finger to my lips to be quiet. A very young fawn stepped out into our drive. She yelled out, "Bambi! It's Bambi!" Of course it disappeared immediately back into the woods. For weeks after she returned home, she told everyone she saw that she saw Bambi at her Mil's (her name for me) house, and he lives in her woods.
Old 03-05-2011, 08:51 AM

I think I now can post a picture of the BIG cat that was killed north of our ranch in west Texas. It was spotted the day before, dragging a cow off. (No Texas tale) as you can see by the photo, not a cat you would like to greet you out walking.
D in TX
Attached Thumbnails attachment-126930.jpe   attachment-126931.jpe  
Old 03-05-2011, 09:06 AM

Wow! I didn't know they can get this big! That paw is amazing. The one I saw in my area (central LA) was just a little pussy cat in comparison--still big enough to be something I don't want to meet when taking my walks in the woods. If I saw one like the one in the picture, he wouldn't have to kill me. I'd probably die of a heart attack before he could pounce.
Old 03-05-2011, 09:08 AM

I just heard a story on the news the the Eastern Bobcat has become extinct and the western bobcat is now moving into its territories so so when some animal is hunted to extinction
Old 03-05-2011, 09:19 AM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

Originally Posted by oldswimmer
Man, when we see those around here EVERYONE gets excited...and not necessarily in a good way.
Same here loose too many kitties. Plus they will go after kids. I won't let my lil one outside with out the dog nearby. Scary stuff.
Old 03-05-2011, 09:19 AM

Oh i think we might have them also.What a beautiful Cat.We had a Bobcat under our deck a couple Christmas's ago.
We don't have a dog or cat.That's one reason why.We live why out in no wheres-ville.We had a bear last year.Connie in CO
Old 03-05-2011, 09:26 AM

Here is a picture of our bear.We also have deer,they eat my flower's. Connie in CO

Bear is in a field
[ATTACH=CONFIG]128286[/ATTACH]

Deer
[ATTACH=CONFIG]128302[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-128281.jpe   attachment-128297.jpe  
Old 03-05-2011, 12:31 PM
Power Poster

wow, you're so lucky, what a sight it must have been
Old 03-05-2011, 12:34 PM

Isn't it wonderful to get to see such sights? We are expecting things to start moving around here soon too. Can hardly wait to see all the new cubs popping their little heads up to see what makes all the noise (traffic) and the Momma's scolding them to stay hidden. I can do without the big cats though; our dog is pretty small. I enjoy springtime so very much here on the mountain