Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Yummy/funny food memories...share yours?

Quote Originally Posted by dd
    Quote Originally Posted by mhansen6
    Graham crackers with frosting. Whenever my mother made a cake she took the left over frosting and put it between two graham crackers. My sister and I loved the crackers better than the cake.
    My mother did this too! No one else has ever heard of this. They say no grahams are too sweet for that, they need peanutbutter. Don't knock it until you try it. MMMM!
    I made these for the kids at nature camp for after campfire snack. They were their very favorite and they requested an encore.
    :thumbup: If you really want to 'take it up a notch' use homemade cream cheese icing.

My Mum used to make home made donuts as a special treat when we were kids. They were the "cake" kind, not the yeast raised kind. She would deep fry them in a pot on the stove and roll them in cinnamon and sugar. We would eat some while they were still warm. Yummy!! We also would make something called "Crackle" in the wintertime. It had maple syrup in it and Mum would cook it on the stove and then throw it on the snow outside. It would harden and "crackle" when you ate it. Delicious!! This is making me very nostalgic - I still miss my Mum...

dd
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenheron
    Quote Originally Posted by dd
    Quote Originally Posted by mhansen6
    Graham crackers with frosting. Whenever my mother made a cake she took the left over frosting and put it between two graham crackers. My sister and I loved the crackers better than the cake.
    My mother did this too! No one else has ever heard of this. They say no grahams are too sweet for that, they need peanutbutter. Don't knock it until you try it. MMMM!
    I made these for the kids at nature camp for after campfire snack. They were their very favorite and they requested an encore.
    :thumbup: If you really want to 'take it up a notch' use homemade cream cheese icing.
    She never made cream cheese frosting. She always told me I wouldn't like cream cheese, apparently because she didn't like it. I love it so I never told my kids they wouldn't like something. Told them they had to try everything. What if I told you that you wouldn't like pizza? Guess she didn't like broccoli either.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2