Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Zentangle kit

Blog Entries

Smile Zentangle kit

My DH asked for a Zentangle kit, the type that comes in a blue box with all supplies. I put in a bid of EBay but lost the item by $1.00 because I wasn't home when the bids were ending.

I've searched the internet high and low and can't find this kit anywhere. I've found the pens, the books and the pencils but this kit also came with a DVD which would help him master this since he had a stroke last year. It claims to help brain health and is Yoga for the brain.

Can anyone direct me to a source for finding this?

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    If you have a Michael's store near you try there. I know I've seen the whole kits there!

Is this what you are looking for?
    34 Tiles
    Zentangle tiles are acid-free, 100% cotton,. They are made of heavy-weight fine artists' archival print-making paper and have a vellum surface. have a deckle edge. Sized at 3-1/2 inches (89 mm) square.

2 Pens
    Sakura® Pigma Micron 01 black pens This Sakura Pen uses pigments instead of dyes. .25mm width line, ink dries quick , waterproof, chemical resistant and is permanent on paper.

2 Mini Zentangle pencils

1 German Kum® brand pencil sharpener.

Zentangle Legend™ (20 numbered tangles) and Icosahedron

DVD

Box - an easy to carry store container. Shaped like a book, it measures 5 1/2 " x 8 " x 1 3/4 " (14 cm x 20.5 cm x 4.5 cm).
    I found it on Etsy .
    Last edited by QuiltnNan; 11-16-2014 at 08:16 AM. Reason: remove copyright image

Last edited by rebeljane; 11-14-2014 at 04:57 PM.
    Sheena

The brand Zentangle is protected...however there are many books and materials available at book and hobby stores, or if unavailable there online..... the discipline of zentangles seems to me to be a bit more rigid than other examples. good luck with this, I love the process. I got a book on zen drawing and hardback drawing pads at Barnes & Noble, the pens and colored pencils online.

Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=rebeljane;6968918][url]http://tanglepatterns.com/zentangle

Thanks to Rebeljane, I was able to order the set through the link. Thanks to all who responded. I knew you all would have an idea where to find this.

I love zentangling, it really does help a lot for pain control in my case. Wishing your dh the best of luck in his endeavors. Hobby Lobby and Amazon.com are other places you can find supplies.
    Linda Wedge White

I believe UFOs are like scraps, ferns and dust bunnies. Once you get two, they send spores out into the air and more just happen anywhere the spores meet.

Just saw you post and thought I would show you my zentangle project....... was fun to do.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Visit the Zentangle website. They sell the kits, along with lots of supplies, have a newsletter to sign up for and show new tangles, lots more inspiration. I've been buying all my supplies directly from them for years, fast shipping and great customer service.
    hiding away in my stash where i'm warm, safe and happy

Catapulted, l love your project! It looks like a lot of fun. Thanks for sharing.

Oh dear, the gremlins got me! I typed in scrapquilter.

Blog Entries

Smile Wow !

Quote Originally Posted by ScrapQuilter View Post
    Just saw you post and thought I would show you my zentangle project....... was fun to do.
    I wasn't aware you can actually do it on material. I may have to steal DH's kit when he's not looking after Christmas .

I got some permanent fabric markers and did a sweatshirt.lt was so much fun.

Awesome sauce!!!!