Zippers as a fashion

Old 02-08-2015, 11:06 PM

I purchased a lovely top with the zip wrong side of seam as I thought. So went home unpicked and put it in the correct way.
the fact it was fashion missed me by a few miles
Old 02-09-2015, 03:56 AM

Originally Posted by janRN View Post
Was watching Days of Out Lives the other day and they showed a beautiful dress from the back. When she turned around there was a large silver zipper up the front. It seemed to detract from the whole look. I was also picturing me in that dress---LOL--the zipper would look like a crooked mountain road after it went over all my lumps and rolls!! I agree--hope this is a passing style and not here to stay!
What a hoot !!!! But ya know , every lump , bump , mountain and roll has a memory. So hang onto those with the gusto of a hound dog. hehehehe
Old 02-09-2015, 05:09 AM

I think it looks okay on a very thin, young person. Not on me!
Old 02-09-2015, 05:10 AM

Originally Posted by Noiseynana View Post
What a hoot !!!! But ya know , every lump , bump , mountain and roll has a memory. So hang onto those with the gusto of a hound dog. hehehehe
LOL That's the same look the zipper would be on me too!!
Old 02-09-2015, 05:44 AM

I've seen those huge zippers on the backs of dresses, too, and wonder what is the point? I'm getting too old, too, and hate anything with Spandex in it...too clingy, clingy. No modesty left with those clingy cliothes..and nearly impossible to find clothing that doesn't look like my grandmother, yet fits and looks decent. So, still wearing clothes from the 90's and hoping fashions change soon.
Old 02-09-2015, 06:15 AM

I remember the dresses in the 60's with giant zippers in them. They were very popular but very faddish so the didn't stay around long. I didn't have a boyfriend, I was too young, but I remember some of the girls calling them "easy access"! I was so naive, I had no clue what they meant!
Old 02-09-2015, 07:04 AM

I like the big zipper look! But I'm fashion-clueless so I probably have terrible taste.

I don't wear dresses at all but I still like big zippers on overshirts. When I was a teenager and trying to be punk my favorite pants had a whole bunch of big shiny zippers all over them, some of which could be used to zip the legs down super tight, which was the style we were all going for (so you could tuck your cuffs into the tops of your Doc Martens, you see...). Of course at that time I was also wearing safety pins as earrings and dying my hair electric green, so what did I know? LOL
Old 02-09-2015, 08:35 AM
Power Poster

I actually like zippers for an edgy, rebel look. I just don't think they suit fancy dresses.
Old 02-09-2015, 10:02 AM

I love it when parts of my wardrobe come back into fashion -LOL My Mom bought me one outfit for my b-day in '72 and I copied the pattern and made several jackets and a few skirts. I have been wearing them since then. I dress to please me- never did follow the trends.
Old 02-09-2015, 10:40 AM

Zippers were very popular years ago. The one I had was very uncomfortable, sitting on the zipper and leaning back drove me crazy. So not sure why anyone would want to bring it back unless you are going to be standing the entire time.