Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Dan the Man

Dan the Man

I been around a long time, 87 years, like machanical things, got that from my Dad. My mother had a Singer treadal sewing machine, she would take the needle out and I would stand and run the treadle.
    I was like three years old.
    My family all grown, grandkids grown and not around much. I like to make glass beads, but can't stand so long anymore. Like woodworking and all kinds of crafts. Started quilting more than 10 years ago, had a wonderfu teacher, lived iin New Mexico then but moved back to Kansas in 2013, joined a quilt quild and made new friends, (I am a native of Kansas, grew up in Colorado, love the high dry parts of New Mexico) but family lives iin Kansas, so I am back)

Have several people that met at my house once a week to sew. I really like machine embroidery and made a winning quilt with embroidery blocks.

Enjoy good health, have a great Veterans Hospital here, in Wichita, that see that I stay in good health.

Enjoy people, worked in the printing industry and the metal machine business most of my working days, now just enjoy being retired.

Power Poster
    ​Welcome from Ontario, Canada.

So nice to meet you! I know we are biased but aren't quilters wonderful? Anywhere we go we can find friends, glad to have you join us here.

It's been a long time, but my dad was in the army and we lived in the Kansas City area in 1969. Now I'm waving from the left coast near Seattle, Wa.

Hubby works in the packaging (fancy and consumer boxes, not cartons) industry and I started my career in advertising but spent most of it working with engineers.
    Quilters: Advanced tool using humans.

Welcome from Maryland! My parents are from KS and I spent the two best years of my childhood there in a little town called Alden. Back then there was a huge general store where we bought penny candy. It later became a craft store. The owner sold it a few years ago (she was an energetic 95 year old, but at 96, joked that she was slowing down and maybe oughta sell it. The mayor, an avid quilter, bought the store and she turned it into a beautiful quilt shop. It’s called Prairie Flower Crafts. They run classes across the street in what used to be the Alden Cafe. If you’ve never been , treat yourself and some quilting friends to a road trip.

Welcome from western New York.
    Marilyn

Blog Entries
    Welcome from AZ! Hope you can post some of your work as you can, always great to see everyone's talent here!
    Singer 301 (Zsuzsi), Janome DC1050, Brother XR3140 -when did THAT happen?!

Blog Entries
    Welcome from western NY and happy quilting
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T – is it True? H – is it Helpful? I – is it Inspiring? N – is it Necessary? K – is it Kind?

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Welcome form Topkea, thoguht I used to live near Wcihita. Zozee. my dad was born in Lyons. just a bit from Alden.

Dan, Nickerson, Ks has a fun bed and breakfast whre you can touch and feed exotic animals. Thank you for your service.
    Last edited by QuiltnNan; 11-27-2019 at 12:59 PM. Reason: shouting/all caps
    My greatest fear is all of my family standing around my coffin and talking about "how sensible" he was.

Welcome to the boards!

A great idea to have friends visit with you and quilt together.

Blog Entries
    Welcome from Southern Indiana! Hope to see pictures of some of your quilts soon......
    Life happens...and we react...

Welcome from south west Ontario Canada. Would love to see some of your work.
    A husband is the perfect confidant to tell your secrets to - he can't reveal them to anyone else because he wasn't really listening when you told him!

Blog Entries
    Welcome to the board from NE Ohio.

Welcome Dan! Hope you enjoy quilting with us. Be sure to check out the machine embroidery section of the board.
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewbizgirl
    Boom 20 Album of Blocks I made to swap https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19942.html
    "The reward of a thing well done is having done it." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Waving hello from Maryland and glad you're with us. It sounds like you've come to the right place.

Power Poster
    Welcome from Michigan!

Blog Entries
    Welcome from Texas. You will enjoy this forum. It is a busy, interesting place. Lots to learn here. Have fun with us!
    "From hence only infer that an Englishman, of all men, ought not to despise foreigners as such and I think the inference is just, since what they are today, we were yesterday, and tomorrow they will be like us"
    Daniel De Foe -The True Englishman

Welcome from Colorado

Welcome from Alberta, Canada. I've just begun quilting but made my first quilt on my embroidery machine. I'd love to see pics of your winning quilt (or any other quilts you want to post of course). I've been wondering how machine embroidered quilts would do in a show since it's so different from hand embroidered.
    "Marriage should be a balanced stalemate between equal adversaries"
    Amelia Peabody Emerson

Welcome Dan, happy quilting, hope we get to see some of your work. Thank you for your service.
    To many quilts, not enough wine.

Janome Horizon Memory Craft 8900QCP, Special Edition
    Vingtage Dressmaker 7000 Heavy Duty
    Husqvarna Viking, Mega Quilter

Welcome, Dan! Glad you're here

Welcome from North Carolina.

Welcome from Texas!!!
    Family is a priority, not a convenience!
    Take time to be friendly... It's the road to happiness.
    Take time to give... It is too short a day to be selfish.

Welcome, Dan. You sure keep busy with lots of varied interests. Please post some photos of your quilts, we'd love to see them.
    Never be afraid to try something new. Remember, amateurs built the Ark. Professionals built the Titanic.

Power Poster
    Welcome from Minnesota!

Blog Entries
    Welcome from SE Michigan to the QB! Sounds like you do have a busy retirement going for yourself! That's the key to good health.I love it that you joined a guild and are enjoying yourself. Keep up the good fun. Jump right in and join the conversations there is always room for one more.