Hello Again!!

Old 05-13-2024, 08:04 AM

Default Hello Again!!

Hi everyone! It's been a while since I last posted..three years to be exact. I figure it can't hurt to re-introduce myself! So, hello again! I'm Sasha! I was in White Lake, Michigan when I posted previously. I've since moved to Clarkston, Michigan.

The reason for the move was two-fold. One, to give us more land since we foster with a puppy rescue and also, the downstairs in our home is a private walk-out for my mom to live in. She and I quilt together, and my husband jokingly calls the downstairs the "sweat shop". Half the area is devoted to our sewing/embroidery machines and we also invested in a 24 inch long arm quilting machine and 12 foot frame. We opened an Etsy shop last year, and do sell a few pieces around the holidays which is fun for us.

Last year, I was diagnosed with MS, which kinda threw me for a tailspin. We drive twice a year to my MS doctor in Ohio for an infusion treatment (I actually go this coming Wednesday for my next one) and the quilting definitely keeps me sane when dealing with the pain associated with the disease. I was debating joining a local guild, but not sure if my health would allow me to.

So, hello again! Hopefully I won't be as bad at posting as I was previously! Great to see you all!
Old 05-13-2024, 08:09 AM

welcome home and merciful journeys on your new path!
Old 05-13-2024, 08:15 AM

Glad to have you back. Good wishes are coming from Southern California.
Old 05-13-2024, 01:45 PM
Power Poster

Hello and Welcome Back!

Hoping your MS treatments are helpful.
Old 05-13-2024, 03:35 PM

Welcome back!

I hope you can post exactly as much as you want -- and remember, we still like lots of pictures

Old 05-14-2024, 04:21 AM

Welcome back. Good luck with your treatments. How nice to have your quilting buddy living downstairs. We look forward to seeing what the two of you are making in the sweatshop.
Old 05-14-2024, 05:41 AM

Welcome back. My older brother also has MS and he's now in a nursing home as he relied on a scooter to get around but couldn't take care of himself otherwise. He had a friend he met on his job on the railroad and this friend has been watching over him for the past 12 years after he had to retire early. Now his friend has health issues so he contacted me and I went to see him 4hrs away and decided a nursing home was the best thing for him. He seems to be happy there now and I know he's getting the care he needs. He also sees his MS doctor twice a year for some sort of shot and he goes this month. So I sort of understand what you're going thru. My friend down in Florida though doesn't take any sort of meds for her MS but she takes naps and tries not to over do it. She seems to be doing okay with how she lives her life. So keep plugging away with your quilting if that is what helps you to deal with your health issue. Glad it helps.