Hello all!

Old 04-29-2023, 12:55 PM

Default Hello all!

I've been away a long time from the board but not from quilting! I forgot my original login from years ago so re-registered last year. Hope that's ok. Anyway just a little about me. I'm about to retire from my 26th year of being a homeschool mom. Our baby graduates next month! He's the youngest of 6. He's already got a job in his chosen field at a local car dealership. He wants to work on cars and will be going to local tech school for auto mechanics in the fall.
I'm active in our church and we have a ministry of taking small quilts to the local funeral homes for families that have lost babies. That stems from the still birth of our first grandson in 2021.
I have three other grandbabies and loving being a grandma!
Old 04-29-2023, 04:03 PM
Power Poster

Welcome back!
Old 04-29-2023, 04:57 PM

Welcome from Texas! So glad you are back & will now have some extra time for quilting after you retire. Congrats on 26 years of such an important job. Looking forward to seeing some of your quilts.
Old 04-30-2023, 03:25 AM
Power Poster

Welcome back!
Old 04-30-2023, 04:13 AM

Welcome back Ginnie! I am looking forward to seeing some of your South Carolina creations. Did you ever incorporate your quilting into your home-schooling exercises? You have such a wealth of experience with home-schooling, I hope you have time to help the newer generations of home-schoolers with ideas now that you are an empty nester. Grandbabies help to fill that nest now! More time to quilt, right?
Old 04-30-2023, 06:03 AM

Welcome and thank you for your good work for those babies, from Southern Califorrnia.