Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hello from Arkansas (a transplanted upstate NYer)

Hello everyone! I'm soooo glad I found this site and joined up!!! I have only made 4 quilts,,actually a bed quilt, a lap quilt and a wall hanging, and a quilt for a trucker friend. I sewed the lap quilt and the trucker's quilt by hand, every single stitch from start to finish b'cuz I didn't have a sewing machine,,lol. I'm hoping to learn alot from you seasoned quilters! I already have actually-I've learned just from reading some of these blogs that quilters are FRIENDLY and very helpful! I crochet better than I quilt, but I hope I can start quilting again soon and improve my quilting skills (now that I have a sewing machine,,lol)Anyway, for you upstate NYers, ever hear of Waterloo or Romulus? I lived in both places(at different times of course,,lol)

Hello, and welcome from OKlahoma.

Ty for the welcome Miss Suzie! I see there are quite a few Easteners moving South,,,lol,,I have a daughter in Mass, I'm trying to talk her into moving down here,,Did yawl get snow?

Super Member Lisa_wanna_b_quilter's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Welcome to the board from Illinois.

Quote Originally Posted by kate59
    Ty for the welcome Miss Suzie! I see there are quite a few Easteners moving South,,,lol,,I have a daughter in Mass, I'm trying to talk her into moving down here,,Did yawl get snow?
    We finally got rid of all the snow we have been getting. I got my sister to move down here too. Where in AR are you. I am not too far from FT. Smith.

Welcome to the board from Southern California!

other side of the black stump, Perth Western Australia
    Blog Entries
    Welcome from Australia!

Ty Miss Blahel,,nice to meet you.

TY Miss Gale, I was born in San Francisco,,would you believe I rode my FIRST Trolly car when I was 25? LOL

Hi Miss Suzie! I am about an hour from Little Rock, I go there to the VA medical center for medical treatment. I think Ft Smith is where I need to go to get another military ID card b'cuz I lost mine. Can't go to the comissary or PX without one ya know.

TY Miss Lisa,,what a beautiful picture! what kind of plant is that??? I can't wait to get a digital camera so I can take pics of all my fur babies and put on here,,along with my quilt and crochet projects,,,I see so much talent in these blogs!!!

Welcome from Oklahoma with a Massachusetts accent. So happy you could be here. It is wonderful!

TY Miss Anne,,I owe my Mass accent to my late husband who was born in Fall River,,lol,,I met him the day I was sent to Ft Dix, NY for AIT,,I loved the way he said bra,,,he'd say brar,,lol

Miss Anne, I see your pic of your dog on a bed,,did you make that bed? I've looked in stores and in the Foster and Smith catalog for dog beds and they are pricey. I have several large dogs and they ALL need beds,,I have decided to make them myself,,,did you design your own bed or did you use a pattern?

Hi and welcome from the sunny state of Florida!!!

TY basketlady,,I love these sites,,,everyone is so friendly :P

hello from missouri

Blog Entries
    [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/s...um/welcome.gif[/img]
    So Happy that you have joined us :D:D:D

Romulus, a very long time ago we played againist you in Sec 5 Div D boys sports. I'm from Belfast, Allegany County. It's that 6 degrees of seperation thing. Enjoy all there is to read.

Hello from your neighbor in Kansas. I have just started taking up crocheting again after many years away from it. I would like to incorporate into my quilting somehow. You will learn a lot from this site. Great place to be.

ty Miss Cindy,,,and I too have thought about putting crocheting into a small quilt or wall hanging as an experiment,,to see how it washed,,if you do it before me though, can you let me (us) know how it went?

I sure will.

It is a beautiful day here in Amity! No more snow!! lol,,and I've started putting pie tins of food and water out for the birds,,it's so much fun watching the cardinals, gold finches and assorted colored birds I know nothing about,,lol,,Some of these birds are peeping toms tho,,I'm being stared at as I type this,,lol,,

Oh countrymaid! what a beautiful quilt pic!!!!! And ty for the welcome! I'm looking forward to getting to know alot of you talented quilters, maybe some of it will rub off on me,,lol,,,I'm an old novice,,lol :lol:

TY for the welcome, Miss Jewel,,I have a sister who lives in St Roberts,,,good luck with your degree and business start up,,let me guess,,,a quilt shop? :wink:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast