Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
Hello from Central Canada >

Hello from Central Canada

Hello from Central Canada

Old 07-25-2007, 03:04 PM
MCH

...and are you an Edmonton Oilers, Calgary Flames, or Canuks fan? Or perhaps Leafs, Sens fans? I know, I'm making an assumption that Canadaian = hockey fan. :lol: , but all the Candians where I work and I have a great time during hockey season. Hockey Night in Canada is "big time".

We're pathological San Jose Sharks fans! (Have part of 2 sets of season tickets) Unfortunately, the Sharks open against the Anaheim Ducks (won the Stanley Cup this year... :(

Anyway, one of these years my husband and I will do a "road trip" following the Sharks to Edmonton, Calgary, and Vancouver.

Welcome to the BWCQWHH-- Board of World-Class Quilters With Huge Hearts! This is the only blog / forum/chat-room or whatever one calls it that I ever check! Enjoy!

MHeuser
Old 07-30-2007, 08:10 AM

Where abouts in England are you? We're going to visit my in-laws in 2 weeks, they live in Devon.

Are you going to the Birmingham quilt show? I am.
Old 07-30-2007, 08:11 AM

Hello Sandra,

I'm glad I joined too :)
Old 07-30-2007, 08:12 AM

Well I'm originally from Montreal so I would be a Canadien fan (yup, that's the way the team's name is spelled! LOL).
Old 08-03-2007, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by Quilting Diva
Where abouts in England are you? We're going to visit my in-laws in 2 weeks, they live in Devon.

Are you going to the Birmingham quilt show? I am.
I am in the north of England in the Manchester area.

Have a great time in Devon - it is beautiful and make sure you have a Devonshire cream tea whilst you are there! :lol:

I did not know about the quilt exhibition in Birmingham so maybe I will pop along - Birmingham is about two hours south of here. Hope you have a great day there. :mrgreen:

I have not quilted anything yet or got any equipment but am getting some ideas together. I am having to search for another job so that is taking priority at the moment. :twisted:
Old 08-03-2007, 02:15 PM

Being a Canuk, I'm not that fond of tea... or coffee for that matter.

Devonshire cream is lovely though. I can't wait to have some pork pies and some smoked cheese.

here is the link for the Birmingham quilt show. http://www.twistedthread.com/festivalofquilts/index.asp I'll be there on the 17th.

We're also visiting Monmouth, Wales, Cornwall and then stay a week with my in-laws in Devon.
Old 08-03-2007, 07:07 PM
lin

Welcome Quilting Diva. I'm glad you're here, and I hope you enjoy hanging around with us. :)
Old 08-03-2007, 07:27 PM

I'm looking forward to it.
Hugs.

Linda
Old 08-15-2007, 03:11 PM

Hello to you,Linda -- my name is Jean - I live in Phx, AZ now but I was born in Nova Scotia. I have a sister living there still and most of her family. Three years ago I visited her after 23 years, we had a wonderful 3 weeks. She gave me a hand-pieced eight-pointed star scrappy quilt top that our Grammie pieced many years ago. I just love it - am still working on it - still need to finish quilting the borders and put a binding on it. I would love to hear from you sometime.
Old 08-15-2007, 04:21 PM

Hello Quilting Diva Linda,
Welcome to our group. We do enjoy ourselves and we're glad to add a new friend anytime. Join right in, we have chats on occasion. Our overseer and the newsletter writer is wonderful about turning a chat flag on to let you know when we're there to 'talk' in real time.

Hope to get to know you soon,
Sharon
East Coast of US, at North Carolina