Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
Hello everyone, I`m new and just joined /PST 10:07 pm.  Calif.Stitcher46 >

Hello everyone, I`m new and just joined /PST 10:07 pm. Calif.Stitcher46

Hello everyone, I`m new and just joined /PST 10:07 pm. Calif.Stitcher46

Old 12-08-2007, 11:02 PM

:-) [b] This is my first Quilt Forum I have joined Online. I have just been Quilting now for 5 1/2 yrs. but started making Doll Clothes around 7 or 8 yrs. approxly. by hand then on our 1940`s Portable Singer Machine. Then I learned how to make clothes in the 8th gd. and took Clothing Classes fo three years at Hollywood High. Had a wonderful teacher. Learned some things from my grandmother too; who was a professional Seamstress, Tailor and Fitter for the Studio`s. She sewed most of her life also; into her mid-80`s. She finally gave it up do to poor eyesight and Arthritis. So far I`ve made a Hexagon Quilt by hand about the width and length of a Double Sz. Bed. I don`t know the exact measurements and wouldn`t remember them anyway, ha! My fist completed Quilt was a Lap Sz. Crazy Quilt for my Grandaughter 6 yrs. ago now. Started taking an Adult Education Quilt Class then every Wed. night and still do. Kinda a social "thing" too amongist alot of us "Re-peater`s". I still feel like a Novest in alot of ways. I feel my "Niche" in quilting is making small to med. size Art Quilt`s - to hang or frame. Outside of a few minor felt Applique`s to hand stitch; I`m done. "Whimiscal" kind of describes it. Barb
Old 12-09-2007, 01:17 AM

Welcome,So Calif, You will fit right in here. There is alot going on here,Alot to learn, share, and see.
Old 12-09-2007, 05:23 AM

Welcome calif, it's nice to meet you. Jump right in, everyone is super friendly and helpful in this group. :)
Old 12-09-2007, 07:04 AM

Welcome! You just missed our hexagon class. There's some great inspiration here. I'd love to see some of your tiny treasures.
Old 12-09-2007, 09:44 AM
bj

Hi Barb, welcome to the board. We're glad to have you and hope to see you and projects around a lot. Don't be shy, just jump right in!
Old 12-09-2007, 09:54 AM

Hello and welcome, Barb. Glad you decided to join us. You will make lots of new friends here.
Old 12-10-2007, 01:22 AM

12/10 1:07 PST or Calif/time Hello, thank you for your welcome! Got to tired last nite to do replys after I joined this Form. I forgot to say I`m fr: So. Calif. and born in LA. '46 is also my birth yr. I am also faily new to the Internet also. Just started learning about 1 1/2 yrs. ago. Haven`t learned yet how to post pics on the Computer yet. I`ll try my best to add some good input on quilting, sewing and needleworks. I don`t knit or crochet. I like crafts too. Going to write back to the other ladies who were kind enough to welcome me "aboard", ha! Take Care, Barb
Old 12-10-2007, 01:54 AM

Hi Becky, Thank you for your warm welcome to this Forum. I`m looking forward to everything. So far I`ve enjoyed looking at the pictures of Shadow Dancer, Moonpi`s pretty Blk. Cat w/ Tulip's and bj`s pretty Star Quilt. The colors look good 2gether. Minda is fr: PA where my mom was born. Take Care, Barb
Old 12-10-2007, 02:08 AM

Hello Moonpi, That`s a cute Username. I really enjoyed the pic of the Black Cat with the pretty Tulips. Is it a Wall Hanging/ Art Deco. piece ? I started calling them that. Art Deco Quilts is what I mean to say. I think they`re fun to make. Did you take any Art Classes in HS ? I majored in Art but also took Clothing each yr. 2. Those + Music were my favorites. Thank you for your warm welcome and take care. Barb
Old 12-10-2007, 02:43 AM

Hi bj, Thank you for your warm welcome. Everyone is so friendly here. I really like your Pretty Quilt. The colors are nice 2gether and the Star type Pattern is pretty. I like the Star Quilts alot. America can be proud of all its great Quilter`s ! I came across an old friend from High School when I joined a local Quilt Guild in the W. San Fernando Valley where I`ve lived since `94. I joined it almost 4 yrs. ago. Anyway I came across Donna who also goes to the day Guild in Glendale. "Valley Quilters Guild". Mine is the San Fernando Valley Quilt Assoc. (SFVQA) My Quilt Teacher Rita and several classmates are members. Thats how I learned about it. I came across Donnas name in my Roster. Small world ! The 2 Quilt Guilds combine when we have a Show. Each meet once a month. I see you live in Lubbock. I have an X-Boyfriend who`s living in Corpus Cristie or San Antonio. I dated a man once for 2 yrs. who was born in Ennis. We use to go Western Dancing alot in the 80`s. I miss it 2. This coming Summer I`ll get a chance to go to the Houston Quilt Show. It`s coming to Long Beach. My Quilt teacher use to go to it and the Puducha in KT. Her husband isn`t well now. She said if we don`t go to it, not to come back in Sept. to class....joking ! I`m going to writ to Minda now. Thanks again and take care, Barb