Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
Hello! I have two handicaps. I'm new to this and I'm male. >

Hello! I have two handicaps. I'm new to this and I'm male.

Hello! I have two handicaps. I'm new to this and I'm male.

Old 03-22-2010, 02:17 PM

Hi and welcome from Oklahoma.
Old 03-29-2010, 07:31 AM

Location: Originally from NY, now retired in Argentina. Miss the USA!!! :-(

Ray, first off welcome from a retired NY girl living with her DH in Argentina.
I found your postings through your hello to Japan. I have been chuckleing over your intro heading for the last 5 minutes. You have a great sense of humor.
That being said glad you found the forum. There are several men on this forum who also do really stunning work so count yourself among the elite.
I was reading one of your posts saying how you are addicted to this hobby. Yes it is a great hobby. It sparks the creative creature in me. I love all the beautiful fabrics being produced today. Quilting is like painting with fabric. Not to mention how relaxing it is to spend time in a day sewing something beautiful.
I think that this hobby would help your OA because it will keep you joints moving and your blood circulating. I have arthiritis in my hands and it helps me alot.
Beautiful daughter and grandchild by the way.
Old 03-30-2010, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by pennyswings
Ray, first off welcome from a retired NY girl living with her DH in Argentina.
I found your postings through your hello to Japan. I have been chuckleing over your intro heading for the last 5 minutes. You have a great sense of humor.
That being said glad you found the forum. There are several men on this forum who also do really stunning work so count yourself among the elite.
I was reading one of your posts saying how you are addicted to this hobby. Yes it is a great hobby. It sparks the creative creature in me. I love all the beautiful fabrics being produced today. Quilting is like painting with fabric. Not to mention how relaxing it is to spend time in a day sewing something beautiful.
I think that this hobby would help your OA because it will keep you joints moving and your blood circulating. I have arthiritis in my hands and it helps me alot.
Beautiful daughter and grandchild by the way.
I have two sons as well one older than her by five yrs and one younger by two yrs .They don't get into me taking pics, but daddy's little girl will allways be DLG. Have you seen my dragon piece I started? Any advice allways welcome.
Old 03-30-2010, 06:46 PM

Location: Originally from NY, now retired in Argentina. Miss the USA!!! :-(

Ray I have not seen your dragon quilt but did see the spiderman quilt and the quilt for your daughter and neighbor. All of them were great. Tell me the heading for your dragon quilt and I will go and take a look.