Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 31

Thread: Hello from Illinois

  1. #1
    Junior Member lovestosew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Orland Park, IL
    Posts
    152
    Blog Entries
    6
    Hi,

    My name is Diane, and I live in Illlinois, about 25 miles southwest of Chicago. I have been married to the same wonderful man for almost 35 years. I've been sewing since I've been about 10. My mom used to sew most of our clothes (3 girls), and I just started early. I started quilting about 2 years ago, and have been hooked ever since. Been lurking for a while, and have learned so much. Looking forward to learning more and hopefully being able to help out sometime. I'll post some pics when I figure out how.

    Diane

  2. #2
    Power Poster erstan947's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    12,173
    Blog Entries
    47
    Welcome from Louisiana! Happy you have joined us:)

  3. #3
    Moderator Jim's Gem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Camarillo, California
    Posts
    35,480
    Welcome to the board from Southern California!!!

  4. #4
    Member ClydeneC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    74
    Diane, what town? I am from Kankakee, but would not move back because the weather here is so much better.
    Quote Originally Posted by lovestosew
    Hi,

    My name is Diane, and I live in Illlinois, about 25 miles southwest of Chicago. I have been married to the same wonderful man for almost 35 years. I've been sewing since I've been about 10. My mom used to sew most of our clothes (3 girls), and I just started early. I started quilting about 2 years ago, and have been hooked ever since. Been lurking for a while, and have learned so much. Looking forward to learning more and hopefully being able to help out sometime. I'll post some pics when I figure out how.

    Diane

  5. #5
    Member ClydeneC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    74
    Welcome to the board from Texas!! You will love this site, nothing but helpful people and learn a lot!!

  6. #6
    Super Member Twisted Quilter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    3,913
    Welcome from Michigan!

  7. #7
    Cyn
    Cyn is offline
    Super Member Cyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Jacksonville NC
    Posts
    6,761
    Blog Entries
    17
    Welcome from NC!

  8. #8
    Super Member Janet L52's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Shingle Springs, California
    Posts
    5,464
    Hi and welcome from northern California!

  9. #9
    Power Poster Sadiemae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    11,450
    Blog Entries
    20
    Hello, and welcome from Idaho!

  10. #10
    Super Member quiltinghere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Longarm Quilter NW Indiana
    Posts
    3,483
    Blog Entries
    1
    Welcome from your neighbor to the East!

  11. #11
    Super Member Vicki W's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    2,064
    Welcome from Georgia.

  12. #12
    Kmshir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    KY
    Posts
    344
    Welcome from kentucky

  13. #13
    Senior Member kathidahl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Once an Iowan, always an Iowan, but now suburban Chicagoland
    Posts
    528
    Blog Entries
    1
    Welcome from Lyons...just a few miles from you..in fact I was shopping on LaGrange Rd today!

  14. #14
    Super Member MinnieKat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    northern Minnesota
    Posts
    4,520
    Blog Entries
    3
    Welcome Diane, and Happy New Year from Minnesota!

  15. #15
    community benefactor Conniequilts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    891
    Welcome from over by Rockford!

  16. #16
    Power Poster CarrieAnne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Whitewater, WI
    Posts
    26,044
    welcome!

  17. #17
    Junior Member lovestosew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Orland Park, IL
    Posts
    152
    Blog Entries
    6
    [quote=ClydeneC]Diane, what town? I am from Kankakee, but would not move back because the weather here is so much better.
    [quote=lovestosew]

    We live in Orland Park. When my DH lost his job a few years ago, he worked part time in Bradley at a Beauty School, which I don't think is too far from Kankakee. I love the quilt shop on Lagrange there. B & J quilts, (I think). They are so friendly and helpful there. DH and I stopped there a few weeks ago, and I just wanted to "look" because we only have one shop that is close to me, and I really don't like the owner. Very unfriendly. Walked out with $100 worth of stuff.

  18. #18
    Junior Member lovestosew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Orland Park, IL
    Posts
    152
    Blog Entries
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by kathidahl
    Welcome from Lyons...just a few miles from you..in fact I was shopping on LaGrange Rd today!
    Small world. One of my best friends lives in Lyons.

  19. #19
    Senior Member kathidahl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Once an Iowan, always an Iowan, but now suburban Chicagoland
    Posts
    528
    Blog Entries
    1
    You will love this board..not only contacts with people as close together as we are, but you will chat with quilters from the UK, Canada, Australia to mention a few...

  20. #20
    Member ClydeneC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Posts
    74
    [quote=lovestosew][quote=ClydeneC]Diane, what town? I am from Kankakee, but would not move back because the weather here is so much better.
    Quote Originally Posted by lovestosew

    We live in Orland Park. When my DH lost his job a few years ago, he worked part time in Bradley at a Beauty School, which I don't think is too far from Kankakee. I love the quilt shop on Lagrange there. B & J quilts, (I think). They are so friendly and helpful there. DH and I stopped there a few weeks ago, and I just wanted to "look" because we only have one shop that is close to me, and I really don't like the owner. Very unfriendly. Walked out with $100 worth of stuff.
    We were in Bradley last summer and I went into the same quilt shop and was not going to spend anything and I came out with at least $50 worth, really liked it.

  21. #21
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,345
    Hello and welcome from Germany!

  22. #22
    Super Member donnajean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Holland, PA
    Posts
    4,321
    Welcome from southeast PA!

  23. #23
    Power Poster MamaBear61's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Milverton, ON, Canada
    Posts
    13,231
    Hello and welcome from Ontario.

  24. #24
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    9,661
    Welcome from Michigan.

  25. #25
    Power Poster amma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Out searching for some sunshine :-)
    Posts
    59,088
    Blog Entries
    1
    Hello and Welcome to the board :D:D:D

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.