Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Hello from NE England, UK

Hello from NE England, UK

I thought that I should say 'hello' to you all after lurking for some time.

After retiring a few years ago, I joined a group to learn quilting; I have sewed since childhood, but this was to be a new challenge. I'm still doing more piecing than quilting I ashamed to say. So I have more UFOs and PHDs than I care to admit to. See I am becoming fluent in quilting already! The finishes include quilts for the grandchildren and some for the Linus Project, so watch this space. I'm using a Janome 4800.

The garden calls during the summer months, but I will try to make some progress with the sewing too.

Oh, I meant to say that my first machine, when I was 10, was a Featherweight. I have no idea where it went when I replaced it with a brand new Elna for my 21st but I bought another last year after reading how popular they are for taking to classes. I just love it and you can imagine the memories it brings back.

Looking forward to joining in some of the mystery challenges perhaps.

Beverley

Power Poster
    Welcome from Ontario, Canada. I have been out to trim the old canes off my roses but too cold for anything else yet. The catkins on my pussy willow are starting to open and my daffodils are just coming through the ground. Spring is on the way!

Hi Bobbinalong, nice that you started posting. I too have had a Featherweight for a long time now. I'm actually considering selling it because I haven't used in in several years. I bought a little Janome for classes that I use now. Will be looking forward to seeing your pictures too.

Hello and welcome, I hope that you enjoy the group.

Blog Entries
    Welcome from western NY and happy quilting
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Welcome from Michigan!

Welcome from central Texas! I had the opportunity to visit England many years ago - it was a wonderful trip.

Hello and welcome from from sunny Central Florida! This is my year to improve my free motion and get more adventurous with new designs and techniques. I've been sewing since 8 years old & now have a Brother NX-2000 sewing machine for quilting which I've been doing since June of 2010. I hope you enjoy this forum as much as I do!

Welcome from Oklahoma. Be sure to show us some of your work.
    Life is not a movie. No one is going to yell "CUT" when you make a mistake. - Anne L. Fulton

I am from the South....39 miles south of Boston.

Waving hello from Washington state! Happy stitching!
    Be a blessing to others, as you may entertain angels unaware!

Blog Entries
    Love that you joined the board. Many of us have made friends from near & far and even get to meet!
    Patski
    always learning

Blog Entries
    Hi Beverley welcome waving from NE Ohio, USA.

Welcome from Washington state! I know the featherweight on which I learned to sew at age 7 got traded in on a newer Singer when I was a teenager. Back in the 60's we had no idea how special they were going to be in 50 years!
    Retired math teacher --
    I CAN FIGURE IT OUT!

Hello Beverley - I am also in N.E. England, in Jarrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Moira in N.E. England View Post
    Hello Beverley - I am also in N.E. England, in Jarrow.
    Hi Moira, I'm just up the road in Newcastle having moved up from the SE 12 years ago. Are you going to the Quilters Guild AGM in April? It's at the Civic Centre this year so I thought it was too close to miss.

Sounds interesting but I’m not a Guild member. According to their website you have to be a member to attend AGMs.
    Last edited by Moira in N.E. England; 03-12-2018 at 05:07 AM.

Welcome from Southern California..... Quilting is a wonderful hobbie and a great compliment to gardening... You'll find both on this board.
    Quilting therapy for the therapist...
    My Summertime Swap blocks: https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19923.html

Another warm welcome from So. California!

Blog Entries
    Welcome from the Sho=Me State - Missouri - smack dab in the middle of the US. I love your "username" - very creative!
    Nikki in MO

Hello from New Mexico, I was in England once when I was in the military. There was issues with the C130 I was on and we landed in England. They would not let us go off the base. Dag nabbit, we all wanted to tour around. Welcome, I am new to the board myself. My grandmother was a seamstress and made wedding gowns for the well to do. I learned needle work from her and my mother. I didn't get the sewing bug, I wish had. I have been learning to quilt since last summer.

Quote Originally Posted by tmenard70 View Post
    Hello from New Mexico, I was in England once when I was in the military. There was issues with the C130 I was on and we landed in England. They would not let us go off the base. Dag nabbit, we all wanted to tour around. Welcome, I am new to the board myself. My grandmother was a seamstress and made wedding gowns for the well to do. I learned needle work from her and my mother. I didn't get the sewing bug, I wish had. I have been learning to quilt since last summer.
    Would so love ti hear more about that!

to charley26. which would you like to hear about, my time in the military or my grandmother being a seamstress?