Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
Hello from Oregon >

Hello from Oregon

Hello from Oregon

Old 02-11-2007, 09:26 PM

Dear Lizbeth,
Thank you for your sweet reply. I will look into the sites mentioned and see what they have to offer. My head is swimming with ideas since I found you all. I don't leave the house much, because there are good days and bad days as you know with the MS and I am so sorry about your loss of your Mom. I am sure you miss her. I'm not doing too badly right now but have a great electric wheel chair for the bad days when I still need to feel the sun on my face. I have two very precious best friends that make sure I never miss a quilt hop or a day of hitting everything from Michaels, Joann's Crafter's Warehouse and more. My group of quilt buddies meets once a week on Tuesdays and they have added so much to my life.
The neat thing about getting connected with all of you is that when I am stuck at home, I can still have your company and being creative is my therapy. Thank you so, so much...Janie
Old 02-11-2007, 09:29 PM

Lizbeth, just reread your post, and YES OF COURSE, I would love to add to my collection of goodies for the crazy quilt, it too is on my list of things to start this year. I would love to trade things too if you wish. Right now I have a good start to the pretty fabric scraps but need to add, buttons, charms, lace, ribbion but I would be grateful for whatever you are letting go of. How do I contact you off of the website???? And thank you so much for the offer to share...
Old 02-11-2007, 09:35 PM

Dear Becky,
I took only one lesson for quilting back in the 80's with my sis and was hooked. My grandma taught me the rest of what I know and then I began teaching beginning quilting classes which I did for about 15 years. Now since Rotary cutters and mats and fancy templates and machine quilting, there are so many new things and it is exciting, but I can't really afford classes...I think this website will be a great meeting place for me to get new ideas and instruction...as for the cotton theory, the only thing I ever saw on it was on a show of "Sewing With Nancy" on cable. She had a guest that was showing how. I will have to look back and see if I recorded that episode and if i did, I could make you a copy...other than that, I haven't tried it yet, but it is on my list...along with a zillion other things. sorry to be a dummy but what is quilt university? A website? Also, I still much prefer to hand quilt, but like you it takes so long that I don't get a lot of big things done.. that is why I want to learn, or become proficient with the machine quilting, and as for your designs, don't put down your efforts, I am sure you have some beautiful ideas and when you are able to share, we all want to see them......
Old 02-12-2007, 01:54 AM

Janie

I sent you a PM, did you get it?
Old 02-12-2007, 11:57 AM

Hey Janie, My email is [email protected] I will began to put everything i can't use in one place. I'm so happy to give my things to someone who wants them. The only thing i want is more and more fabric.....lol.... I have a lot of buttons i know i'll never use them all. We still have a piece of property in Pleasant Grove, where we were for 27 years, this summer, if we have time, i'll go through the boxes we stored in one of my husbands 4 buildings. He would have to move his stuff to get to my stuff. I don't know what is there. I'm sure i packed many crafts items. It'll take me 3 more yrs. to finish going through boxes and do what i want done to our house. It's an old house and needs some work, mostly painting. We don't have a JoAnn's anymore. There use to be one in Birmingham. A JoAnn's warehouse sounds great to me. I liked it better than Michaels. Handcock's aren't like they use to be. I look at thrift stores, yard/estate sales and of course Wal-Mart sales table for fabric. I use the Michael's coupon to get the tools i want/need. I have most everything i need to do everything. I do need to get my sissors sharpened and replace the rotory cutting blade. Guess i'll do that Wed. Storming here tomorrow and be very cold the rest of the week,after Wed. There was a wreck on Remlap Drive (runs paralle w/hwy 75) up a bank. A man was driving to fast and been drinking. I was out here (sunroom) and heard the very loud crash. He hit our 91yr. neightbors driveway edge and went along her bank, her concrete steps and flipped. I didn't see anything the first time i looked. I thought it happened on the 4 lane. But after the headlights came on i saw he where he was. I put my shoes on and grapped my cell. We have a big front yard and a small bank, i slipped and sprained my right ankle. I called 911 and tryed to get the man to stay still. A couble had stopped as the man crawed outta the car. He walked away up the Drive to get his cousin. Someone called his mother and brought him back in a bit. He had cleaned up. He told all that a deer ran across.. The State Trooper didn't receive that one.... He took the guy to jail. I took a bunch of pictures and got 'em done this morring. Made my neighbor a copy. One of her sons lives over the mt. behind us. Going to put my foot up now. later, liz
Old 02-12-2007, 02:04 PM

Hey Lizzie girl, take care of that ankle, Remeber the rice receipe, REST,ICE,COMPRESSION,ELEVATION. I was a registered medical asst for 14 yrs. Now you have a real good reason to SEW andSEW.
Old 02-13-2007, 11:06 AM

Hello Janie, I have some items i want to send you. Need your address. I can mail 'em tomorrow. liz
Old 02-13-2007, 03:19 PM

Hey Janie, I was just kidding about the fabric. I have loads of material. I do have a box of craft items ready to send you. Just need address. I will make an unfinished crazy quilt block for you to put into your quilt and you can cut it to size. There are storms coming so gotta go, later liz
Old 02-13-2007, 03:24 PM

Hey Becky, It's hard to be still.. (o;} I haven't heard that one before i'll have to make a note of the RICE receipe....thanks.... I've done most of that. It's not as swelled today. Turning colors tho. (: Looks most of the storms are south of Birmingham, which is south of us. Tornado warnings out there. talk to you later, liz
Old 02-13-2007, 11:52 PM

yes Becky I did receive it and I answered it. I just don't know how to reply with a PM so I just emailed you. Also, if you get confused by my reply, it is because I got you and Lizbeth turned around in my head and thought it was you that wanted to trade stuff for a crazy quilt....so forgive me. Liz was the one offering, but my offer still holds, I will share whatever I have, I think it is fun to do so and I love getting surprizes back, so....check your email, I'll be there....thanks, Janie