Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
Hello from Reno, Nevada >

Hello from Reno, Nevada

Hello from Reno, Nevada

Old 01-18-2009, 10:42 PM
Power Poster

Good Evening everyone! Thanks for all the sweet welcomes. I just love reading all over the board already. Especially the pictures section.
I have a digital and will eventually be posting a few pics. But, I am in the midde of major spring cleaning and redoing the decorating in a couple of my rooms. So, it will have to wait just a little while. Sorry.

Dh was just diagnosed with diabeties and we have two doctor's appointments tomorrow. Luckily we found a site to help us feed him right and signed up for a years worth of menus. Gluco menu I think is the name of it. Thank God, we were so confused! It has had the house in an uproar for a couple weeks. But, I think we will be ok now. It is sure a lifestyle change for us. We are used to that southern food.

I will be on the boards when I can though! Thanks again, you gals are the best!
Old 01-19-2009, 11:26 AM

Hello Red.... Thank you for showing me the way to here. I have totally enjoyed cruising this site. I have really enjoyed the pictures and looking at what everyone has done. Gets my creative mind going....

So welcome from Central Oregon...
Old 01-19-2009, 10:01 PM
Power Poster

Sorry mfre52day ... we must have been posting at the same time or something. I didn't see your post before I replied last. It is nice to talk to you here on the quilting board. I love reno and my kids did love growing up here too. Have you seen the city now? It is almost like looking at a different city than that of what you and I know from the 70's. Lots of new homes and shoppong centers. I was over near park lane today and they have leveled most of it. There are neighborhoods that I have never been into yet and they are still building, and building. :( Some things are better though. Nicer parks and more events to go to. A bigger quilt group (lol). More quilt shops! Oh yeah! Come back for a visit, you will see what I am talking about. I live up in the Red Rock area, and that helps a tiny bit. But cold springs has so many new homes, the freeway is congested in the mornings and night.

Hey Echoes!! Great place huh? I really have had fun with what time I have had to visit the board. I am so glad you are here though, a familiar face helps me feel a little more like home. Know what I mean? I hope it helps me to stretch my wings a little creativly that is. btw ... have you seen the spelling button? I wish I could check myself. LoL!
Old 01-19-2009, 11:43 PM

Welcome from Vegas
Old 01-20-2009, 09:59 AM
Power Poster

Oh the sister city girl! Howdy vegas's fancy foot. You a dancer?
Old 01-20-2009, 10:25 AM

Red--I know I already welcomed you, but I just wanted to say that it is really nice to have you here--a lot of new members just introduce themselves and maybe post once or twice and then we never hear from them again. It is always fun when we get a new, ENTHUSIASTIC member.

Hope the doctor visits go well with your husband. I am glad to hear you are taking the bull by the horns and doing what is right for him. So many people just ignore their diabetes or only half monitor it and it can have far reaching complications. Kudos to you both for your positive attitude.
Old 01-20-2009, 02:29 PM
Power Poster

Gee marcia ... you brought tears to my eyes. Thank you so much. It is nice to hear a word of encouragement, so rare in these days and times. I will not forget that.
Old 01-21-2009, 10:58 AM

Hello from Florida. I ws born and raised in Cali and Reno is like a second home to me. I actually have family in silver springs. :D
Old 01-21-2009, 12:16 PM
Power Poster

Thank you florida ajat0921! That is so cool that you can see my home town in your mind's eye. Have a great day sweetie.
Old 01-22-2009, 10:09 PM

Welcome from South Louisiana. I know what you're talkin' about when you say good southern food. I'm Cajun through and through. Good food is at the top of our list. Not only am I battling the bulge, but also trying to eat heart healthy. Not easy.