Hello!

Old 01-26-2007, 09:20 PM

Hello! On one of my frequent explorations for quilting inspiration I happened upon this board. I am in my twenties and live in the Quad Cities with my husband, two cats, and dog. All are fans of my quilts and fancy themselves experts!! I have been quilting for almost a year and am always anxious to learn something new. My recent ventures include collecting info to teach myself applique and paper piecing (now that I am FINALLY finishing my Christmas wish/demand list from the fam-I know it's January :( ). I am most distracted from my quilting by my knitting! Always in the midst of some kind of crafting distraction as my husband will confirm. :P I look forward to learning some things and maybe far in the furture passing something on.
Old 01-27-2007, 12:55 AM

Angel

It was your lucky day when you happened on this site. You will get lots of info, tips, ideas, and meet some really nice people. Most are eager to help, answer questions, and make you laugh.Welcome.

Becky
Old 01-27-2007, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by angeldncr82
Hello! On one of my frequent explorations for quilting inspiration I happened upon this board. I am in my twenties and live in the Quad Cities with my husband, two cats, and dog. All are fans of my quilts and fancy themselves experts!! I have been quilting for almost a year and am always anxious to learn something new. My recent ventures include collecting info to teach myself applique and paper piecing (now that I am FINALLY finishing my Christmas wish/demand list from the fam-I know it's January :( ). I am most distracted from my quilting by my knitting! Always in the midst of some kind of crafting distraction as my husband will confirm. :P I look forward to learning some things and maybe far in the furture passing something on.
I too like to applique. I am not an expert but if there is something I can do to help you please let me know.
If this web site works you can see some of my quilts.

http://family.webshots.com/photo/2707612410087424948OVrXAJ

Misty :)
Old 01-27-2007, 05:44 PM

Your quilts are very pretty! Do you hand applique or machine applique?
Old 01-27-2007, 05:45 PM

Thanks for the friendly welcome! I do feel very fortunate to have found this site. I'm sure it will be very useful in my efforts to branch out!

Nice to meet you! :-)
Old 01-27-2007, 07:35 PM

Preview
Re:Hello!

angeldncr82 wrote:

Your quilts are very pretty! Do you hand applique or machine applique?

I do both. I love needle turn applique but I have arthritis in different parts of my body and my hands have it so I can't do needle turn that much any more. I am working on a large wall hanging now that I has a tree that I made up. It sort of looks like a banana-palm tree. I haven't made up my mine yet which it is going to be. And I will put it over the door if we get any cold weather.
Misty

Old 01-28-2007, 01:35 AM

Misty
I went through your album and looked at your quilts, Very nice. You like to applique, have you ever done any 3-D applique? Have you ever done any other winged creatures?
Old 01-28-2007, 05:11 AM

I have done what other quilters told me was 3 D quilting. And what it is -is flowers. or butterflies that type of 3D. as far as wings I think all I have done are the doves in the cross quilt.
Misty
Old 01-28-2007, 02:53 PM

By quad cities do you happen to mean: Moline, Rock Island, Bettendorf and Davenport??? I would really love to know. While I am now in Oklahoma via Nebraska I am originally from North Central Illinois with tons of family in that area.

Melissa
Old 01-29-2007, 08:35 AM

Melissa--Those are the very Quad Cities! My husband is originally from this area, but I'm originally from the Amana Colony (Iowa) area. Quess that background keeps my quilts relatively traditional. :)