Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
Hello from Texas >

Hello from Texas

Hello from Texas

Old 06-08-2020, 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by Judyblooms View Post
cypress here
Oh, cool! You're probably very close to me. I'm a member of the Tri County Quilt Guild. We normally meet at the Fairfield church on 290. Once this covid is over they should start meeting again. It's a nice guild.
Old 06-08-2020, 06:37 AM

Welcome Judy to the QB from SE Michigan! It is always great to welcome some one back! Jump right in and join the fun. You will have so much fun making quilts for all those nieces and nephews and of course for you kids who will now appreciate them more than ever. Again welcome to the QB!
Old 06-09-2020, 07:55 AM

Welcome to the board from NE Ohio. 🙋‍♀️
Old 06-09-2020, 08:41 AM

Welcome out of lurking, Judyblooms. What a great screen name and story! Do you find you gravitate towards or away from florals as fabric choices?

One of the things I really like about quilting is it gives me something tangible that I can point to. In my professional life I did things like document production or payroll, where things flowed past me but never really stopped. If I did my job correctly, it was always done yet undone at the same time -- if that makes any sense at all.

Debstoehr, I had a very good friend who grew up in Conroe. We've gone on different paths and lost touch but I still think of her every time I see the town name I have positive associations.
Old 06-09-2020, 09:13 AM

Welcome from southern California -- about 91 degrees here today. I know your sense of design will carry through from floral arranging to quilting. I'm looking forward to seeing what you do.
Old 06-09-2020, 04:36 PM

Iceblossom. Thank you.
have a few challenges going from floral design to quilting. I gravitate towards happy fabric and animal fabric. Not liar zebra or leopard print just cats dogs and what not. Bramble has the farm charm that just made me happy and their gingiber with squirrels etc. I do like some floral also.

cash s mom. I will look into tri county guild. It’s super close .
Thank you everyone . I have a quilt I’m working on that I’d post but trying Tom figure out how to attached a photo.

Happy Tuesday

Old 06-10-2020, 06:38 AM

Attaching photos can take some effort. It took me months of trying at first and then I got it down -- and then the boards changed formats! Some people still haven't gotten the kinks out but we have some good help stuff in here:
https://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help-center-f27/
Photo stuff is stickied to the top.

If you are using a smart phone or device from this century, I can't help much but there are options and defaults and ways you can send things and people in those stickied threads can help.

For me, the problem is that I have an old school digital camera. It and its software is rather limited and the file sizes are huge. I go to this site to reduce the image.
https://www.reduceimages.com/
I drag from my file folder and simply use their suggested defaults and download from there.

When we attach files, it says that we have 5 MB to use, but I think that is for all 6 (or however many) attachment slots there is and each individual item must be much smaller.

The next thing that trips people up is once you have successfully browsed and it looks like you have attached your files, there is an "upload" button you have to press that is way off to the far right upper corner out of view range. Our old board format was vertically based and the frame size is still set for that instead of our newer more horizontal layout. You have to grab and stretch the outline of the window to see/use that upload button!

If you get the upload failed message, it is probably because an image was too large. Double check that you attach the reduced download file, from your download directory and not the original image.
Old 06-10-2020, 04:22 PM

Thanks iceblossom. I will work on that over weekend.