Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
Hello and thank you >

Hello and thank you

Hello and thank you

Old 04-13-2020, 03:25 AM

Since I had been sewing before I could walk (maybe I was a little older than that) and prepariaring meals at age 9, I aced Home Economics! I didn't take up quilting until many years later, but now have my own quilting studio and quilt something everyday. Even my young children knew if mom got 30 minutes in her "happy place", she would be a happier mom. They had their own machine in the studio as well. Many very interesting conversations were had in there over the years.

I failed Chemistry class, the only class I totally failed at! But have been making my own cold process soaps for over 30 years. I have said if only my chemistry teacher could see me now!

It's always a good thing to find something you are passionate about. Enjoy your new passion!
Old 04-13-2020, 03:34 AM

Welcome to the QB, you’re gonna love it here. I was fortunate to had a wonderful Home Ec teacher.
Old 04-13-2020, 03:41 AM
Power Poster

Welcome from Michigan!
Old 04-13-2020, 03:56 AM

Waving hello from Maryland. You seemed to have hit a nerve about high school home economics. I too am in the "scraped by" class, which is odd when I look back and think that after my mom died, I was keeping house for father, brother, and myself.