Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
Hello and thank you >

Hello and thank you

Hello and thank you

Old 04-12-2020, 08:55 AM

Default Hello and thank you

Thank you for letting me join your board, I'm from Wisconsin and in the past two years have found that I love quilting.
Not bad for someone who has never sewn in her life and failed home ec. twice in high school.
Old 04-12-2020, 09:46 AM

Howdy & welcome from Texas. So glad you decided to join this board. It's full of friendly, helpful & encouraging people. We love pictures so would like to see your very first quilt when you are finished. Ask all the questions you can think of. Someone will be here to help you & give you advice.
Old 04-12-2020, 10:18 AM
Power Poster

Welcome from Ontario, Canada.
Old 04-12-2020, 10:28 AM

Welcome from southern CA! I smiled at your comment about failing Home Ec in high school. My teacher gave me a generous C. Then I taught it at college and university levels, wrote for leading sewing magazines and have loved it all my life. Great therapy! Now I love making art quilts. Welcome to our world!
Old 04-12-2020, 11:28 AM

I look at quilting as making very large puzzles! People are always looking at me strangely when they say something like "You sew, don't you?" and I reply, "oh no, not really, I just quilt." Makes perfect sense to me. They can't pay me enough to make their drapes or fix their jeans or whatever was going to be added to the first sewing part.

Welcome from a safe personal space distance away in the Seattle area. This is a great time to do some quilting, glad that you found us.
Old 04-12-2020, 03:09 PM

Welcome from Southern Indiana! High school Home Ec was something else....best I recall it took several months to make an apron and a dish towel. There was no connection whatsoever to that process and sewing......as far as I'm concerned. It did teach me that you can wear fabric out without ever finishing what you started out to make....(I did finish it, but it was pretty ragged.....).
Old 04-12-2020, 03:51 PM

Hi from up in currently again snowy Maine. We were on our way to spring until we got well over a foot of snow Thursday night. Brighter and warmer days are ahead. Glad you found us and joined, there is so many people on here willing to help, ask any question, and someone will know the answer. Hope to see some of your quilts, happy quilting.
Old 04-12-2020, 04:14 PM

When I was in HS, I wouldn't have taken anything related to Home Economics. LOL But, in my senior year I ended up having to take Foods III, we were divided into about groups of 4 and got our own "kitchen", I refused to cook, taste, eat, etc.. The teacher gave extra credit for bringing in recipes, so that is ALL I did, passed the class with a D+. LOL I still hate to cook!!!
Old 04-12-2020, 06:31 PM

Welcome from South Louisiana.
Old 04-13-2020, 03:14 AM
Power Poster

Welcome to the QB and happy quilting