Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
Hello from Washington State >

Hello from Washington State

Hello from Washington State

Old 07-17-2010, 08:41 PM

Well, I have been "lurking" here for about a month and it is high time I introduced myself! I have been quilting for about 3 or 4 years, ever since I found out I was going to be a grandma! I knew that grandmas make cookies or they quilt. My cookies leave something to be desired, so that left quilting.
I haven't finished very many quilts, about ten smaller ones for niece's, nephew's, and friend's babies and for the sweetest cutest granddaughter in the world, Sophia. Until just recently I was working fulltime (that's a whole 'nother we won't get into ) so I didn't have a lot of time to do more.
However, I have many quilt TOPS done! Just waiting to be quilted. And a ton of UFOs too..
I confess to being a fabriholic. Over four years of collecting a focus fabric here and a focus there, and OH.. I best get coordinating fabric.. and isn't that one pretty! and so-n-so would love a quilt made from that and so on... and since I traveled throughout Oregon and Washington for my job, I HAD to stop in every quilt shop I could find and what's the use of stopping by if ya can't pick up a fat quarter or ten..
I have my whole basement family room turned into my fabric storage and cutting room. Soon I will add the machines to the downstairs (once I get a sewing cabinet or four..), which are currently housed on the dining room table. "KIDS.. go eat in your room.. I have to sew!"
Yes, I said machineS.. seems I have started a Featherweight collection this last month. I now have to stay away from Ebay. Ebay is trouble.
Several other friends and relatives accuse me of getting them hooked on quilting. HA! accuse me likes its a crime! I am guilty then, guilty I say! And proud of it! or.. am I quilty?
OK, bad pun. Sorry.
I have some pics somewhere of some of the tops waiting...I shall attach one or two in a few minutes in a separate post. I have to find them first! :mrgreen:

Jana
Old 07-17-2010, 08:46 PM

welcome from Southern CA.
Old 07-17-2010, 08:53 PM

Hey there girlfriend! Nice to hear from you.
Old 07-17-2010, 09:11 PM

Dang UC! You found my post fast! You must live here..LOL..
Old 07-17-2010, 10:04 PM

Ok, here are a couple of the quilts tops I have done. The first one, the yellow one, all it needs is binding. (I hate binding..). The one with the pink peacock feathers is for my nephew's daughter. I hope to finish it before she starts college. (she is 3 years old now). The colorful rainbow one is just one I made because I liked it. :-D

Needs Binding, thats all.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]74874[/ATTACH]

For Cyan!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]74875[/ATTACH]

Thinking I may add a border...
[ATTACH=CONFIG]74876[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-74869.jpe   attachment-74870.jpe   attachment-74871.jpe  
Old 07-17-2010, 10:18 PM

Wow! These are great! What is the pattern for the brightlly colored one! THE RED, YELLOW BLUE, ETC. One you were going to add a border perhaps. And oh, welcome from Denver.
Old 07-17-2010, 10:19 PM

Those are gorgeous! Let's plan a "finishing" party real soon.
Old 07-18-2010, 01:32 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Bluelady
Ok, here are a couple of the quilts tops I have done. The first one, the yellow one, all it needs is binding. (I hate binding..). The one with the pink peacock feathers is for my nephew's daughter. I hope to finish it before she starts college. (she is 3 years old now). The colorful rainbow one is just one I made because I liked it. :-D
Wow those are gorgeous - and welcome from another Washingtonian - over on the Kitsap Peninsula. I think all of us here are alittle quilty of our desire to cut up fabric and resew it together.
Sherryl
Candlequilter
Old 07-18-2010, 03:47 AM
Power Poster

Hello and welcome from Ontario.
Old 07-18-2010, 03:55 AM

Welcome from PA!
wonderful quilts
and I want to know the pattern for the bright one also
I want to make that in batiks!