Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
Hi from Argentina! >

Hi from Argentina!

Hi from Argentina!

Old 02-19-2009, 08:29 AM

Welcome from Oregon. Looking forward to seeing some of your quilts when you have time to share them. It would be fun to see some photos of the area where you live if you ever want to share that too. This is a very fun quilt board & there is always something interesting going on. Glad you could join in.
Old 02-19-2009, 08:38 AM

Welcome Penny!
Old 02-19-2009, 08:41 AM

Welcome from NE CA. Glad you joined us. We love pictures.
Old 02-19-2009, 08:56 AM

Welcome Penny from Southern California
Old 02-19-2009, 09:29 AM

Welcome from Northern Illinois!
Old 02-19-2009, 09:33 AM

Welcome, Penny, from Kansas!
Old 02-19-2009, 10:35 AM

Welcome, Penny, from St. Louis! Is retirement as nice there as it is here! I have a little more time for my sewing, but get caught up in volunteering, sometimes. Taking a day for myself today! Gonna sew on my pandas! :lol:
Old 02-19-2009, 10:40 AM

Hi Penny and welcome from Washington state. This is a great place to be!
Old 02-19-2009, 10:50 AM

Location: Originally from NY, now retired in Argentina. Miss the USA!!! :-(

thank you all for your welcome. Some wanted to see some pictures of some of my work so far. I did post some a couple of weeks ago but darned if I can find where I put them in the forum, spent last 20 minutes looking for them. LOL So here are a couple that i have done thus far.
BeachLady to answer your question I do try and go back every year. I usually stay with my son or my girlfriend for about a month when I go. I miss everyone terribly, especially my son and his family. Miss my 3 little booglets, my grandsons like crazy. I promised the youngest I would teach him how to skip stones on the water when I come up. Planning on going in July this year, God willing.
Loretta, to answer your question my next project is a Japanese quilt theme using fabric I recently brought and had shipped here. This will be the second quilt for my son and his wife. The already have the memory quilt attached and each of my grandsons have a quilt in their favorite subject, dinosaurs, bugs and trucks. Cannot work on anything right now as I just had cataract surgery and the eye burst a blood vessel so lens will not be implanted this coming Monday. Makes one appreciate their site as I can only see light and shadows out of the eye right now.
Hello to everyone else in the US and around the world. It is 98 degrees here as we have summer while you all are in winter. Baking in the heat, thank God I have air conditioning in the bedroom, LOL. Hope you enjoy the postings of the quilts I did. The memory quilt in yellow is my first for my son and his wife, queen sized.
Regards,
Penny

This is my first quilt
[ATTACH=CONFIG]5179[/ATTACH]

This is the last quilt I did for our newest arrival due in March. Just sent it off to Miami where my husband's niece lives.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]5704[/ATTACH]

Baby quilt I designed for my stepson's new baby
[ATTACH=CONFIG]47859[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-5179.jpe   attachment-5704.jpe   attachment-47859.jpe  
Old 02-19-2009, 11:01 AM

Location: Originally from NY, now retired in Argentina. Miss the USA!!! :-(

And here is the one I did for my eldest grandson for Christmas. Do not have picture of the other two as I did them while I was there last year and left them with my daughter-in-law to give to the two youngest for Christmas. They are 10, 7 and 4 repectively. They all loved their quilts and each one thanked me personally and told me what they liked most about their quilts. They are great kids if I do say so myself, LOL.
Shemjo, quick answer to your question. Yes, it is a nice retirement here as we have a limited income and could not afford to live as well in the US as we can here. But for me, THERE IS NOTHING LIKE THE USA!!!!I would rather be there any day then here but we do not have a bad life here. Just very far away from my family and I miss them all.
Regards,
Penny

My oldest grandson loves Scooby Doo but when I hunted for the material I could not find it. Now I see it on Fabric.com. But he said that is ok Mammie, I love dinosaurs too. Make me that and he loves it!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]7128[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-7128.jpe