Hi from Canada

Old 02-10-2010, 06:55 AM
Mo

:-) I'm from Peterborough, Ontario, Canada. I belong to the Kawartha Quiltmakers' Guild and I'm the new Newsletter editor. I'm also new to quilting. I am learning I have a lot to learn!! I enjoy quilting but so far I don't want to give up my other interests. I also love lace-making, knitting, painting, writing, gardening and more. As you can see there are simply not enough hours in the day, especially now that I have a retired husband at home! The guild has been a wonderful experience with our monthly meetings and afternoon classes (where I'm slowly learning). I also have a friend and neighbour who had a mother who taught her alot. We get together once a week.
For anyone interested in seeing what our guild is about, our website is: www.KawarthaQuiltmakersGuild.ca
Old 02-10-2010, 07:25 AM

Welcome MO! I couldn't keep up with all the things you do! lol! nice to have a neighbor to help you too! Kim/Michigan
Old 02-10-2010, 07:28 AM

Welcome from Southern California.
Old 02-10-2010, 07:32 AM
Power Poster

Hello and welcome to the board from Milverton (southern part of mid-western Ontario.
Old 02-10-2010, 08:11 AM

hi and welcome from montana
Old 02-10-2010, 08:14 AM

Hi from NY State (Originally from around Toronto area!!) Just joined myself! Hope you enjoy it as much as I have so far!
Old 02-10-2010, 08:33 AM

Welcome to the board from Southern California!
Old 02-10-2010, 11:19 AM
Mo

Great to hear from you Kim thanks for making me feel welcomed. Where abouts in Michigan do you live? I have another email friend from Michigan, we met through a recipe site, and have been friends for quite a few years now. She lives in Muskegon.
I love your "where it is not warm enough!" As you can imagine I know what winter is all about! So far this year we have somehow managed to miss all the worse storms ... no complaints from me. It has meant we have been able to keep up the rink on the lake without too much shovelling. As a matter of fact there is so little snow at the moment we can skate all over the lake! If we ever do get enough snow I hope to get out cross-country skiing? That's if it comes before we head south for a month or so. Do you do any winter sports?
By the way... before I forget, what a 'cute' (he'll hate that word) little boy.
Have you been quilting very long? Do you have the 'bug?' You know the 'I have to get some of that material, I just know I'll use it in a quilt someday,' or the 'I have to buy this quilting book... I'll do such and such a pattern someday!' I didn't think I allow myself to get caught... I had enough warning, but somehow- it happened. :lol: My stash is growing and my quilting books and leaflets are abundant.
Well stay warm and take care. Mo
Old 02-10-2010, 11:38 AM
Mo

Thanks for welcoming me! I hope you have not been affected by the mudslides! My identical twin and her husband have been in San Diego since Christmas. So far they are loving it! They did report their trailer shaking a lot from a 4.4 earthquake 35 miles away in the Pacific back on the 4th of Feb. Are you in that area?
Mo
Old 02-10-2010, 12:04 PM

Mo, i am in Taylor,mi..south of detroit..actually i am at the half way point between toledo,ohio and detroit! i think it is 36 miles each way!
the cute little boy, is my grandson Jack..he is 2 and a half..i watch him on fridays..i love keeping him..he is so good and smart. keeps grandma on her toes!