Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
Hi! I’m new to the forum, also from Ontario. >

Hi! I’m new to the forum, also from Ontario.

Hi! I’m new to the forum, also from Ontario.

Old 05-30-2020, 12:54 AM

Welcome from Texas. I can't help you with your problem but hope you find answers.
Old 05-30-2020, 03:13 AM

Hi! I'm also from Ontario, in London....and I had that same set up. If you're close I'd be happy to help.

Check that all your plugs are tight underneath that make it run along the tracks. I found that one of mine was loose and each time I would move in one direction, my thread would break and it would jam. I can't remember the technical term for the connector maybe someone else can help with that.

Welcome to the board!

Watson
Old 05-30-2020, 03:49 AM
Power Poster

Welcome from Michigan!
Old 05-30-2020, 07:50 AM

Welcome to the QB from SE Michigan! I can't help you with this machine I only wish I could. I am sure there is someone here that might be able to help you. I have heard other discussion on this machine. You may to want to use the search forum and see what comes up. I hope to see a lot of you here! Again welcome to the QB!
Old 05-31-2020, 05:17 AM

Good Morning and welcome from Maine. I bought a Husqvarna Mega Quilter from CL last year and have been very happy with how it stitches. This was my "beginner" machine as it was affordable and I was afraid to invest a lot of money into this kind of set up if I could not master it. I did have trouble with the encoders initially, but rubbing alcohol and q-tips solved that for me. Also, I agree, the instruction book is very little help, Youtube had some videos that I watched. I also did a lot of research prior to purchasing it and it seems the main complaint was tension which it sound like might be your issue if you can start to sew then it snarls up. I also read that machines are picky about their thread they like. I only use Glide poly thread in my Mega Quilter and have never had any issues. I have tried the prewound bobbins and it does not like them either, snarls and creates a mess, so I do have to wind all my own. Hope this helps some and you get it figured out so you can enjoy many hours of blissful sewing. Feel free to post here any questions or PM me and I will try and help anyway I can from a distance. Many of us have been in your shoes including myself, so I understand the frustration.
Old 06-01-2020, 08:08 AM

Hi Laura welcome to the board from NE Ohio.