Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
Hi I'm a new member! >

Hi I'm a new member!

Hi I'm a new member!

Old 01-05-2023, 02:54 PM

Smile Hi I'm a new member!

Hi my name is Deb (DrDeb) and I've been quilting since the early 2000s but only by hand and only occasionally as work-life has taken priority along with being a sole caregiver for my mother.
Hoping to get back into quilting this year 2023 as mom just passed; hoping to find a better work-life balance.
I have a question - does anyone know if the journal called "Foundation Piecer" still is being published, if it is, is it under the same name or something different? I can't seem to find it online.
Thanks! Stay well. Deb
Old 01-05-2023, 03:32 PM

well I found this https://www.amazon.com/foundation-pi.../dp/1891497049
Old 01-05-2023, 03:42 PM
Power Poster

Hi and welcome, Dr. Deb! So sorry about your mom passing. Hope quilting brings you lots of peace.
Old 01-05-2023, 04:09 PM

Hi and welcome! I saw the journal "The Foundation Piecer" at a used book store and tried to find more of them. The latest publication date I have been able to find so far is 2002 (Autumn, Volume 7, #3). Liz Schwartz (with Steven Seifert) is one of the founders of Zippy Designs Publishing that published Volume 1 in 2000. The quilting board has a discussion dating to 2010 about the conversion of the Foundation Piecer to Quilts with Style magazine. Quilts with Style Magazine

One quote by Dvora on the board says, "there is no more Quilts With Style. The editors, Liz Schwartz and Stephen Siefert started up a webstore instead called equiltpatterns.com and they sell hundreds of patterns." But equiltpatterns.com isn't available right now.

Anyone know where these two quilters may be these days? They are very talented and left us a wonderful bunch of books to try to learn from!

Dr.DebD thank you for the rabbit hole ride!

I found one website that shows a book published by Zippy Designs in 2004: https://www.books-by-isbn.com/1-891497/ and then nothing more.
Old 01-06-2023, 05:51 AM

Welcome Dr. Deb. This is such a nice place to land to learn, support and to be supported. Asking questions will get lots of answers from this interactive group, as you can see already!