Hi from Indy

Old 12-07-2006, 11:05 PM

I am a sometime quilter, wish I was a more time quilter. I am a court reporter in Indianapolis and quilt when I have time, take lessons when I have time. I have made about 6 quilts in my qilting time, last ten years. Always have a project in the works and quilt about 2 hours a week, have a whole cloth pillow top I have been working on for a year.

I really love quilting, hope as time goes on I learn more and more. I'm fortunate to have a beautiful big room all to myself where I can leave my projects out so I can pick up where I left off when I want to.

I have learned a lot from the weekly newsletter and I bet I will learn a lot more from these forums.
Old 12-08-2006, 08:47 AM

Hi Dabney, I am a stay-at-home quilter:lol: but I still don't get to quilt as often as I'd like to. I have 5 grandchildren and I spend a lot of time with my family. I have a quilting room but it's not as large as I'd like; though I'm not sure any room would be big enough. My problem is that I get too many projects going at one time. Welcome and hope to chat with you again.

Minda
Old 12-08-2006, 10:05 AM

You're right about the room. Mine is full up. I too have too many projects, not enough time. I am promising myself, and I think I will even say it out loud to my husband, I am not buying anything this next year, I am just going to try to finish all my ongoing projects. Of course, I will still need a trip to quilt store occasionally for needles, thread, little stuff and just to keep myself abreast of what is going on in the world. Giggle.

We have 8 grandchildren and it seems a lot of my sewing time is spent mending and altering for those growing little ones. Also sewing an occasional dress or housecoat or some little thing that sounds like fun to do.

Glad to meet you Minda, hope to talk again soon. DAB
Old 12-08-2006, 02:53 PM

Hi Dabney
I'm from Indy as well, but I have lived the last 31yrs in GA, I was raised as a child in Anderson, Thats where my mothers family is from, I've been sewing 35 yrs and been a serious quilter for 15 yrs, Welcome to a fellowette Hoosier,
Old 12-08-2006, 07:29 PM

Becky: My mom's family, Jackson, is also from Anderson, IN. I lived in Fortville during high school years. I also teach part time at the court reporting school here and one of my students is from Anderson.

I think the weather in GA would be much nicer, at least you are a little warmer. With all your experience in guilting don't be surprised if I ask a question or two. DAB
Old 12-12-2006, 03:47 PM

Hi I'm just getting started have 3 project in differnt stages. Most of them have take over the dinning room table. Give anything for a room of my own. I realy enjoy quilting
Old 12-12-2006, 04:44 PM

Dab

I'm always willing to help anyway I can, If I can't answer your question or problem, I'll do my best to find out or guide you to where you can get the answer. Yes it is alittle bit warmer in Ga, It's suppose to be almost 70 on Thurs, But you know I really miss the beautiful snow. I remeber it so well. I use to shovel snow with my brother when we where kids, We would do it every Sat, to make money to go roller skating. I also remeber going down town to Indianapolis, to see the circle and the decorations in Blocks. Boy I'm really giving away my age. But please feel free to ask. I check my e=mails about 3x's aday.
STAY WARM BECKY.
Old 12-12-2006, 05:00 PM

Thanks Becky. DAB