Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
Hi There, New from Oklahoma >

Hi There, New from Oklahoma

Hi There, New from Oklahoma

Old 01-20-2007, 07:15 AM

Hi everyone, I am very new to quilting and very fascinated by it. I watch all of the programs I can find, read as much as I can find and look, look, look at all of the beautiful quilts from everyplace I see them :thumbup:
Right now I am doing just sewing, catching up, but when I am done, I am going to try my hand, just a throw type. So until then I want to get as much information as I can.
Can anyone tell me what Quote, Code, List, and URL are for?
Thanks
Old 01-20-2007, 03:46 PM

Hello Denise!!

I just wanted to introduce myself. I live in Oklahoma too. Close to the AR border. I am brand new to the list as well. I have a little quilting experience. I am currently making my first non-lap size quilt. When it's finished it will be a queen.

I can furnish my email addy if you want it. It's just new for me to stumble across people from the same place as me.

Melissa
Old 01-20-2007, 05:44 PM

Yes we can email that would be nice. Yes it is wonderful to find someone from the same state on a forum like this. Makes the world not quite so huge. Know what I mean?
:lol:
Here--is mine----go ahead and email me, and have fun with your quilting.

edited to remove email addy by Boo
please use Private messages or email in profile.
Old 01-21-2007, 08:52 AM

Hello from OKLAHOMA I live in CLAREMORE I woulld love to know ather OK>S Neva
Old 01-21-2007, 05:57 PM

I'm just off the OK/AR border. No clue where claremore is as I am new to the state. Only been in this one little area a year

Glad to see other OK quilters. It does make the world seem not so gargantuan.

~M~
Old 01-22-2007, 07:41 AM

Good motning hope all is well with you I am going to get a tooth pull to day I have been in so mush pain so not gout any sewing done I got a new book it is Trip a round world I not made this yet Claremore is 40 miles north east of Tulsa NEVA
Old 04-09-2007, 07:31 PM

Hi Denise my name is Annette i live in Oklahoma city and love quilting i live about 2 hrs. from Tulsa Okla i also know where Claremore Okla is, write me sometimes i'm working on a Bible Quilt it will soon be fini i made my husband a beautiful Bible quilt when he was ordained as a deacon for our church, i name it God's Creation. write soon
Annette
Old 04-10-2007, 04:42 AM

Annette,

Good to see another OKIE on here. I did figure out where Claremore is, not far. What is a bible quilt?? That sounds interesting.

Melissa
Old 04-10-2007, 04:45 AM

Morning Denise and welcome, I'm not from OK but I have a very dear friend there...does that count??? lol lol Sure hope you get to enjoy quilting as much as all of us do. (except for March BOM, I bombed at it, lol lol)

Sharon
Old 04-10-2007, 08:54 AM

Hi Melissa, a Biblical Quilt are designs inspired by the Bible of the Old and New Testament, for example Noah Ark, Jacob's Ladder, Daniel and the lions etc, there are lots more, you cut out the pattern sew them together and applique, also i added more to the quilt than what the pattern call for., there are several books out there can explain it better than i can, by Rosemary Makhan More Biblical Quilt Blocks, if you're are interested let me know and i will give you some websites, i went to several websites to find everything i needed, my blocks finished 12" hope i help.