Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
Hi from Tucson, Arizona >

Hi from Tucson, Arizona

Hi from Tucson, Arizona

Old 08-19-2020, 01:44 PM

Default Hi from Tucson, Arizona

Hello! I’m Sue from Tucson. We’re in the middle of a heat wave here so I’m inside sewing and quilting! My favorite part of the quilting process is constructing classic quilt blocks and binding.

I’m here looking for inspiration for my YouTube channel “Made By Sue.” I’m recording some tutorials that interest me and hopefully other quilters as well. I’m curious as to what projects quilters are working on so I’ll be sure to spend lots of time reading your project posts. Thank you for having me and Happy Quilting!! 🌵🥰
Old 08-19-2020, 02:08 PM

Howdy! Waving hello a safe personal distance away from the Seattle area. Somehow I always end up visiting my friend in the Phoenix area in August -- but being quilters it isn't so bad since we just hide inside all day.

I started just before the rotary revolution and while I do a lot of modern construction techniques, I typically use old school blocks.
Old 08-19-2020, 03:03 PM

Welcome to the board from Southern Indiana! I'm just a plain quilter...love stack and whack, the kind that is usually made into OBW's, although strangely enough, I don't really care for OBW's. I'm sure you'll enjoy this board!
Old 08-20-2020, 03:36 AM
Power Poster

Welcome from Michigan!
Old 08-20-2020, 07:39 AM

welcome from Ky. I jus got back my machines and have to clean them all and get my room in order, but my fav block is a log cabin, and I really love the simple Amish quilts. stay cool and happy quilting!
Old 08-20-2020, 07:46 AM

Nice to meet you, Iceblossom. Seattle this time of year must be wonderful! I really hope I’m replying in the right place...there’s a lot of boxes popping up 😂
Old 08-20-2020, 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by granky View Post
Welcome to the board from Southern Indiana! I'm just a plain quilter...love stack and whack, the kind that is usually made into OBW's, although strangely enough, I don't really care for OBW's. I'm sure you'll enjoy this board!
Hi Granky...I’m curious about your Granky name. I’m sure there’s a story there. I’m a plain quilter too. And I just learned about the One Block Wonder. So glad I found you guys!
Old 08-20-2020, 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by Lori B. View Post
Welcome from Michigan!
Thank you, Lori!
Old 08-20-2020, 08:06 AM

Howdy from Texas. You will find lots of help on this board.
Old 08-20-2020, 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by leaha View Post
welcome from Ky. I jus got back my machines and have to clean them all and get my room in order, but my fav block is a log cabin, and I really love the simple Amish quilts. stay cool and happy quilting!
Hi Leaha...I love the log cabin block too! I actually made a tutorial on strip piecing it. My daughter surprised me with a trip to Lancaster, PA, a few years ago, and we had so much fun shopping in all the Amish influenced quilt shops. I’ve never been to Kentucky. I’m sure you have a ton of great shops there as well. Have fun getting your room organized!