Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Introduce Yourself (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/)
-   -   Hi from Tucson, Arizona (https://www.quiltingboard.com/introduce-yourself-f3/hi-tucson-arizona-t312189.html)

MadeBySue 08-19-2020 01:44 PM

Hi from Tucson, Arizona

Hello! I’m Sue from Tucson. We’re in the middle of a heat wave here so I’m inside sewing and quilting! My favorite part of the quilting process is constructing classic quilt blocks and binding.

I’m here looking for inspiration for my YouTube channel “Made By Sue.” I’m recording some tutorials that interest me and hopefully other quilters as well. I’m curious as to what projects quilters are working on so I’ll be sure to spend lots of time reading your project posts. Thank you for having me and Happy Quilting!! 🌵🥰

Iceblossom 08-19-2020 02:08 PM

Howdy! Waving hello a safe personal distance away from the Seattle area. Somehow I always end up visiting my friend in the Phoenix area in August -- but being quilters it isn't so bad since we just hide inside all day.

I started just before the rotary revolution and while I do a lot of modern construction techniques, I typically use old school blocks.

granky 08-19-2020 03:03 PM

Welcome to the board from Southern Indiana! I'm just a plain quilter...love stack and whack, the kind that is usually made into OBW's, although strangely enough, I don't really care for OBW's. I'm sure you'll enjoy this board!

Lori B. 08-20-2020 03:36 AM

Welcome from Michigan!:)

leaha 08-20-2020 07:39 AM

welcome from Ky. I jus got back my machines and have to clean them all and get my room in order, but my fav block is a log cabin, and I really love the simple Amish quilts. stay cool and happy quilting!

MadeBySue 08-20-2020 07:46 AM

Nice to meet you, Iceblossom. Seattle this time of year must be wonderful! I really hope I’m replying in the right place...there’s a lot of boxes popping up 😂

MadeBySue 08-20-2020 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by granky (Post 8411388)
Welcome to the board from Southern Indiana! I'm just a plain quilter...love stack and whack, the kind that is usually made into OBW's, although strangely enough, I don't really care for OBW's. I'm sure you'll enjoy this board!

Hi Granky...I’m curious about your Granky name. I’m sure there’s a story there. I’m a plain quilter too. And I just learned about the One Block Wonder. So glad I found you guys!

MadeBySue 08-20-2020 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by Lori B. (Post 8411477)
Welcome from Michigan!:)

Thank you, Lori!

osewme 08-20-2020 08:06 AM

Howdy from Texas. You will find lots of help on this board.

MadeBySue 08-20-2020 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by leaha (Post 8411555)
welcome from Ky. I jus got back my machines and have to clean them all and get my room in order, but my fav block is a log cabin, and I really love the simple Amish quilts. stay cool and happy quilting!

Hi Leaha...I love the log cabin block too! I actually made a tutorial on strip piecing it. My daughter surprised me with a trip to Lancaster, PA, a few years ago, and we had so much fun shopping in all the Amish influenced quilt shops. I’ve never been to Kentucky. I’m sure you have a ton of great shops there as well. Have fun getting your room organized!