Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
Hi y'all from North Carolina >

Hi y'all from North Carolina

Hi y'all from North Carolina

Old 01-08-2007, 04:05 AM

Ditto to Nanner's note. Being the mom in this is the hardest. I send boxes and notes and lots of post cards........the wife and kids get the calls and messages. Ah, well, being an adult is never much fun is it?

I'm grateful for all the messages of support sent to the military, they have it tough over there and with the government fighting over this thing it makes the guys and gals wonder if anyone supports them.

:(
Old 01-10-2007, 07:42 AM

I'm from NC too. Wilmington, hey we're neighbors. Howdy neighbor.
Old 01-10-2007, 08:17 AM

Hiya Neighbor!!
Old 01-10-2007, 08:54 AM

I am new to this board and very excited to hear that some of you are from North Carolina. That is where I am living. I was in Boone for about 10 years and that is where I started Quilting. Now I am in Pilot Mountain and still quilting away.

And as for those who have loved ones over seas. My brother was over there for 3 extended tours. He was in Iraq and Afghanistan. He is home now and he wants to go back. We think he is crazy and are so glad to have him home safe. We are trying hard to keep him home.

At any rate, I pray that all of your loved ones return home safe like my brother.
Old 01-10-2007, 01:17 PM

hi Stitcheroo...........my son is in Afghanistan and is to come home late March.....he has 2 little ones, (Isaac will be 2 on March 22, and Kate is 6 months) we pray he will be home safely........and I thank the Lord your brother IS home! What a blessing! Give him our thanks for his service! Nancy :roll:
Old 01-12-2007, 03:23 PM

[u]
Nancy and Sharon,

As a mother, I understand your concern for your sons in the military. My prayers are for your sons' safe return and that you will feel peace in your hearts as mothers.

I am new to the quilting board but plan to check in often. We lived in N. Carolina about 30 years ago in the Sandhills. We have moved 3 times since then. Now we live in TN close to a lovely granddaughter.

I started quilting when the first grandbaby arrived 7 years ago. Now I have 3 and have made each a small quilt. I love making clothes but don't need much of a wardrobe to be retired and the children like clothes from Gymboree. So I started quilting just to be able to sew since I enjoy it so much. That is my relaxation. If I just didn't have to stop so often and cook, I might get more done!

Gotta go and serve supper.

Wanda