Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
Hiding in Alabama >

Hiding in Alabama

Hiding in Alabama

Old 02-27-2011, 11:11 AM
Vat

WOW ! ! We come up the your exit to have lunch or dinner at Porky Hollow. We were just there on Friday. We going up at least once a week. Have you been there? Good BBQ and wonderful smoked chicken (on Friday and Sat)
Old 02-27-2011, 11:16 AM

I live near there ... they have wonderful food and I grew up with Christine and her sister. Did you make the "pig" theme wall hanging?
Old 02-27-2011, 11:25 AM
Vat

Yes, I did. It isn't very good. I did that as a border on a jumper and didn't sell the jumper, so I took it off and made three of the blocks into that little wallhanging. They were done long before I really got into quilting, about 15 years for more ago. I have onlly been into quilting just over 7 years but have been sewing since ?#*!, well, I don't remember ever not being able to sew. Everything from home deco to wedding gowns and everything in between. My quilting has come a long way in these short 7 years. It is additive ! ! ! ! !

We just love Christine and Wayne. They mean lots to us.
Old 02-27-2011, 11:44 AM

I thought it was cute and very appropriate for their place! I do quite a bit of paper piecing and am working on team themed things ... Alabama and Auburn ... by request. lol sounds like we grew up with similar backgrounds ... I played underneath the quilt as my mother and aunts quilted and have been sewing forever ... got interested in quilting eight or ten years ago ... my sewing room stays a mess!!! Also do machine embroidery.
Old 02-27-2011, 12:10 PM
Vat

I bought a machine to do embroidery but don't take the time. I enjoy sewing too much. If I am not sewing I am bored to tears. I have to tell you I just had an ensemble in the Mid-Atlantic Quilt Festival XXII, named: "Bejeweled, Bedazzled, BeWEAR", the first time I ever tried to get into the show and got in. It is a juried show and lots of entries. What luck, I got in! Anyway, it took an Honorable Mention ribbon. I looked it up on the web a few minutes ago and the winners are listed but they don't have pictures , yet.
A little background, I drove a school bus for almost 30 years, an a liscensed hair dresser, have 2 sons, am now RETIRED and loving it. More time to SEW! ! ! !
Old 02-27-2011, 12:50 PM
Power Poster

Welcome from WI
Old 02-27-2011, 01:38 PM

Hello and welcome from another Alabamian :-D :-D :-D
Old 02-27-2011, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by Vat
I bought a machine to do embroidery but don't take the time. I enjoy sewing too much. If I am not sewing I am bored to tears. I have to tell you I just had an ensemble in the Mid-Atlantic Quilt Festival XXII, named: "Bejeweled, Bedazzled, BeWEAR", the first time I ever tried to get into the show and got in. It is a juried show and lots of entries. What luck, I got in! Anyway, it took an Honorable Mention ribbon. I looked it up on the web a few minutes ago and the winners are listed but they don't have pictures , yet.
A little background, I drove a school bus for almost 30 years, an a liscensed hair dresser, have 2 sons, am now RETIRED and loving it. More time to SEW! ! ! !
WOW! Be sure and post a pic. I'm a bookkeeper and office manager and have worked for city, county and federal courts. I also have two sons, one daughter-in-law and two grandsons. I work part-time and sew or embroidery when I can.
Old 02-27-2011, 02:30 PM

Hey and Welcome from another Alabamian!! Come on and join us!! We love to chat and share ideas. I've just recently had surgery and haven't been on so much. Am a little slow getting back into my sewing,etc. Good to see another Southerner on here!!!!
Old 02-27-2011, 02:50 PM

Welcome from Washington State!