Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: I finally joined the forum1

Hi! I'm Renee from San Antonio, and finally had mustered up the courage to join this forum. I have to confess that I've been keeping up with posts for several months - guess that makes me an x-lurker.

I've been part of forums before, but it seemed like there were always a few that made the conversations hurtful to some, so had sworn to never join one again. But y'all are wonderful!

I've learned so much from all of you by reading your posts, and always feel motivated to continue with my quilting when I see the beautiful things y'all have made!

I've only been quilting since the first of the year, and have learned a lot already. I have so much more to learn.

Quilting is my form of meditiation. Getting nice and quiet and working on a quilt is about as good as it gets. (Except when my grandbabies are here to play!)

I'll post some pictures of my finished projects when I figure out how to do that.

Nice meeting y'all! :lol:

Welcome and Hafa Adai from Guam!

Welcome Renee. I'm new here too and already I've learned so much. Aren't the projects and pictures wonderful? I too was afraid to join, but I'm glad I did, and glad you did.

suzi

Welcome to this great group!

Blog Entries
    Big Waves from Ireland Renee, glad you decided to join us officially! If you need any help with posting pics, just ask away and we will try and help.

Banned
    welcome from washington :D

Thank you so much for your warm welcomes! And now, I trudge off to work with SMILE on my face.

Hi and Welcome from southern Indiana! I think you're gonna like it here!

*Waves from Iowa* :)

Blog Entries
    Hi and Welcome from Northern Indiana ! Can't wait to see the pics :wink: And doesn't this work thing just totally interfere with our quilting lives ! I need to buy lottery tics... note to self.. buy tics ! LOL
    Sharon

Renee, welcome from Colorado. Yes, please post pictures. This is a great board to belong to. Lots of wonderful people who are very supportive and helpful.

Blog Entries
    Hi from Massachusetts, and welcome.

Blog Entries
    Welcome to the board from SE Iowa!! I know you will enjoy being a part of the gang!
    The success of this board is due in part to the Admin and the moderators. They do a good job of providing a great place to come and enjoy such wonderful quilters as have gathered here!
    The general feel of this board is differant than most as it is a constantly moving converstion that is fun to join at any given time of the day!
    I am so glad you decided to join in the fun and add your input to the mix!!

Welcome from Southern California

Welcome and have fun. No one should be afraid to join us, you can always leave if you don't like it here. I think it is a great bunch of people. We don't try to scare anybody---although there are a few strange ones.....
    Have fun , you only live once.
    Elaine in MN

Blog Entries
    Hi and welcome from Alabama and I'm glad you joined, this site is the best.

Hello, and welcome from Missouri! I am so glad you finally decided to join! (I lurked, too.) This is a really nice bunch of helpful people, REAL QUILTERS! We have lots of opinions, and freely offer advice! :lol: :lol:

Greetings from central Illinois! I've just recently joined and am having fun. I've not been a part of other online forums -- wasn't really interested -- but I got pulled in here after clicking on popular threads included in Quilter's Paradise online newsletter. I love the positive atmosphere and the humor and encouragement. I'm not an experienced quilter and I'm learning so much. Please do post your pictures! We love photos!