I'm Back!

Old 10-31-2009, 04:13 PM

Hi everyone! Sorry for the long absence. I've sure missed everyone! I got a job and ended up working 5-6 days a week; then my health took a nose dive and my world became very small. Now I'm just working one day a week (yay!) and I'm hoping this means I'll have more time to play on the computer. It also means I have more time to quilt, of which I'm thrilled! I spent the summer in the garden and now that it is Autumn I am ready to devote my extra time to getting several quilts done.

I've actually returned from a quilt retreat and I've got quite a number of quilts that are almost finished and ready to be sandwiched and quilted. I'm learning to machine quilt (Gag!! I really need to practice!) and am even designing my own quilts. Here is what I've made so far in the past 6 weeks. I finished the top for my grandson's Christmas quilt, which he will get at Thanksgiving when he comes to visit. I am almost done making a wedding quilt for my sister. I like it so much I'm going to make me one just like it, but with the units smaller and with lots more pieces. I've got a small quilt for a 3 year old almost finished, along with two Christmas table runners and a Harvest Festival table topper I'm almost done quilting. It's my first time free motion quilting and I can see improvement, just not enough for me. I am almost done designing a quilt and am excited to get the top sewn together. I started designing it from a class I gave a few years back and we moved. I left half of it on the design board and packed away the fabric, which I've only just now found. Yes, the poor thing has been on my design board for about 2 years now just waiting for me to finish it. I really can't wait for it to be done!

Today is like Christmas for me because a gal I know is getting out of the quilt shop business and she is selling her fabric, cut in 1 yd. lengths, for $2 a yard. I bought 40 yards of fabric today and would have gotten more if I could have squeezed anything else out of my checkbook!! :lol: Yes, I drooled all the way home. Now I just have to wash it and separate it. I mentally picked out fabrics I needed for various projects, many of which are going to become fabric bowels. I learned the technique to making them at the retreat and I know several family members who will be thrilled with them.

I am looking forward to catching up with everyone over the next few weeks. I especially can't wait to see what everyone is working on for Christmas. You ladies and gentlemen are most inspiring!
Piece ~ Tiffany
Old 10-31-2009, 04:18 PM

Welcome back! Sounds like you are feeling much better!

Congrats on that fabric purchase. That's my kind of fun! Can't wait to see what you make. 40 yards! Wow! Are you still petting it? LOL!
Old 10-31-2009, 04:20 PM
Power Poster

Welocme Back ! And it looks like you have been crazy busy :shock: LOL
Old 10-31-2009, 10:50 PM

Welcome back. Hope you are feeling/doing much better.
Old 10-31-2009, 11:13 PM

I wondered where you were Tiffany. Welcome back!
Old 10-31-2009, 11:24 PM

Welcome back! That should keep you busy for a while!
Old 10-31-2009, 11:47 PM

Welcome back. We are so glad
to have you back with us. Your
new fabric sounds wonderfull!!
Looking forward to seeing a few
of your new creations!!
:D :D :D :D
Old 11-01-2009, 12:43 AM

Glad you are back!
Yes, you and your wonderful work has been missed!
Old 11-01-2009, 05:21 AM
Banned

welcome back kiddo :D
Old 11-01-2009, 05:33 AM

Welcome back, Tiffany!! So glad you're back. Sorry about your health problems, but it sounds like you're on the mend now and have been very busy. What a great deal on the fabrics. Love to see pictures of them.