Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Introduce Yourself
Inroducing myself >

Inroducing myself

Inroducing myself

Old 04-13-2007, 09:25 AM

I live in Kentucky. Had a sewing business for 12 years. My husband and I just started up a new business together last year..not in sewing. So now
I can finally sew for my own pleasure!!! I have falling in love with baby quilts and have made 4 so far, some with my own designs. I'm really interested in applique quiltling, I don't know if I'll be good at this as I have very little patience. I sew all my quilts on the machine, from start to finish. They hold up really well this way, as I insist they are to be used!!
Looking forward to chatting with other quilters!
Catherine
Attached Thumbnails img_0203-copy.jpg  
Old 04-13-2007, 09:29 AM

Welcome!
We're mostly silly, but there is a lot of excellent advice here. We always have a good time!
Attached Thumbnails ob.jpg  
Old 04-13-2007, 09:37 AM

Hello and Welcome Catherine!

I know you are going to enjoy this site. Everyone here is so helpful and encouraging. They are great! I read that you had a sewing business for 12 years, did you make clothing, or quilts and other projects or did you do the sewing for other people? I would love to have my own sewing business at some point in my life. Do you have any pictures of the things you have made to share with us? I get so excited when someone posts pictures of their creations, I act like a little kid at Christmas...haha I love seeing everyone's work, it also gives inspiration for new projects. :)
Old 04-13-2007, 09:49 AM

I had a Custom Sewing Alteration Business, my Specialty was Wedding Gowns, I just loved tearing them apart and redesigning them. Wow..I have sewn so many different things... I've altered, and repaired and designed .........and boy could I write a book on all the funny things that went on during those years. I always told my close employee that this business would make a great sitcom ........yes I have pictures, I'll have to dig them up to send you some. I too, love to see photos of other peoples work. So, This is the last baby quilt I made. Looking forward to chatting!!!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-56663.jpe   005-copy-2-.jpg   005-copy.jpg   005.jpg   001.jpg  

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
half square triangle block.pdf (315.7 KB, 10 views)
Old 04-13-2007, 09:51 AM

Thank you! I just turned 50 so I seem to be "silly" alot. Ha the joys of getting older. I just can't highlight that grey out of my hair fast enough!!
Old 04-13-2007, 10:19 AM

Catherine this is absolutely gorgeous! I love the colors, they all go together so nicely. This is very beautiful! :D
Old 04-14-2007, 11:29 AM

Oh that is just so sweet, I have no babies left in the family. I bet it smells lik baby powder :D
Old 04-15-2007, 04:02 AM

I don't know about baby powder..as soon as the quilt arrived to my granddaughter in KS., she threw up her dinner of carrots on it. So we consider the quilt baptized!! ha!!
Old 04-16-2007, 08:03 AM

Your quilt is beauitful and as you said baptized. I made baby quilts for all 7 of my grandkids and all but one either threw up or wet it as soon as it arrived.
Don't forget to check out our Picture page they're alot of beauitful quilts to see.
Hope you might join our BOM. You can do the BOM any month you want no real rules except to have a whole lot of fun. You keep your own blocks. Just go to the Main topic and look for March BOM and April BOM we have been having a lot of fun.
Old 04-16-2007, 10:04 AM

Thank you for sharing. I really don't know much about this BOM put will read more on the subject listed. I'm new at this board so I'm learning.
I just finished up my first Rag Quilt , it has bright colors , which I love, and wil send a picture of it soon.